PDA

View Full Version : Mug Press Temperature

Ian M
13-02-2012, 08:46 PM
I bought a new heat blanket for my mug press a few weeks ago & it doesn't seem to be getting to the temperature on the read out. In fact I'm very sure as I have finished up pressing mugs at 220 degrees for 200 seconds. Another thing that is making me wonder is that when I used the old blanket & put a mug into press the temperature would drop by about 35 degrees & then climb back up. This new blanket the temperature just drops about 2 degrees & that's it.

I have tried to measure the temperature with a digital thermometer but doesn't really give me an accurate reading as it take so long. I know a pyrometer would measure the temperature but, I like most people just don't have one & I don't want to pay like around £40 for a decent one just to measure the temperature only once or twice.

Has anyone got any ideas please? Apart from buying a new mug press :smile:

Justin
13-02-2012, 08:49 PM
We have a laser thermometer...mine is on its way to Paul right now though! Gives instant and very accurate reading.

Ian M
13-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Justin, that is just what I could do with using & they are called pyrometers aswell. The tyre guys from my rallying days used to use them & they were always very accurate & quick.

Justin
13-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Ask Paul if he can send it on to you before it comes back here....I won't miss it or a week or 2 ;-)

Paul
13-02-2012, 08:57 PM
We have a laser thermometer...mine is on its way to Paul right now though! Gives instant and very accurate reading.

Is it? How amd when did you sen it bddy?? I got bad feelng now....

Justin
13-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Lol, don't panic.....it only went off today :-)

Ian M
13-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Ask Paul if he can send it on to you before it comes back here....I won't miss it or a week or 2 ;-)

Many thanks Justin & would help me out of a real pickle. Paul, would it be ok to do as Justin suggests & post it on to me & I'll send it back up to Justin?

Paul
13-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Lol, don't panic.....it only went off today :-)
thanks good as i had some SD card in doors and forgot to pick it up :redface:

thanks btw!!

Many thanks Justin & would help me out of a real pickle. Paul, would it be ok to do as Justin suggests & post it on to me & I'll send it back up to Justin?

yeah!! no problem!!!

Ian M
14-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks Paul :biggrin:

Paul
14-02-2012, 04:26 PM
I got it today. Will forward to you Ian as soon as you pm me your address.

Ian M
14-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks Paul & PM sent mate.