PDA

View Full Version : Leave a mug in the press?

Earl Smith
14-02-2012, 04:08 PM
I been printing mugs for years and should know better. Should I leave a mug in the press when its cold and / or warming up? Is the press closed or open. Daft question but I never thought to do it.
Earl

Martinx
14-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I always keep a dummy mug in the press whilst it's reaching temp and in between mugs.

John G
14-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Same here, I always have a blank mug in at all times, until I'm ready to put the mug in to print. I was told it helps to protect the blanket, and keeps it in shape.

Cheers John

JackB
14-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Open or closed?

Jack.

John G
14-02-2012, 04:56 PM
I always close mine - been doing this since I got it a few years ago and still on the same blanket now!

logobear
14-02-2012, 10:29 PM
If you do a range of different sized mugs - each impacting a different part of the blanket .....and each requiring the closure to be tightened or loosened....
Does this mean that you put your (standard?) mug in the press in exactly the same place every time? - We always try to vary the place a bit each time so the blanket doesn't 'bed-in' too much. Am I wrong?

John G
15-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Don't think you're wrong Logobear, just what I been used to doing and it seems to work for me. Same mug, same position - but I can understand moving the mugs up or down to vary the area the mug beds in to may help.

Cheers John

Asterix
16-02-2012, 11:48 PM
i use a mug in my presses, but i don't leave it in. I gently turn the machine on and then introduce the dummy mug. I never turn a mug press on with mug in there, I have had so many go pop like that. I let the temp rise a little then carefully introduce a mug in. after it has reached full operating temp, i then take out the dummy, let it rise again and then put in the mug i am sublimating

John G
16-02-2012, 11:59 PM
If your dummy mugs are going pop they may be cheap or your pressure could be too tight - got the same dummy mug now for over two years with no problems, left in all the time when the press is not in use, and on warm up.