PDA

View Full Version : T-shirt Sample - Faded and inconsistent look

Philipjbaker
18-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi all,

Need some advice from you all in the know. Here is a sample of a T-shirt I had done by a company to see how their T-shirts would look. Above is the image I sent to them. The image below is the final result on the T-shirt. I find the image looks almost washed out. The Black looks like dark Grey rather than Black and the tone is not consistent.

Is this the usual quality from sublimating onto T-shirts? I had them do a mug and a mouse mat and they look much better.

Thanks.

Paul
18-02-2012, 12:37 PM
lol :) no! its not usual look :) this company should be shame for themself! this tee shouldn't never leave the workshop!
whats the make of this tee? can you tell? maybe is not 100% poly...

AdamB
18-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Looks very light to me - I was going to say what paper was used (high release paper is better for materials) but if you sent it to a company to get done you probably don't know?

I've only subbed onto a few t-shirts (not something I do a lot of) but the results were very good and didn't look washed out.

Have a look at the link below for a test I was doing on HR (high release) paper

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?2699-Well-you-learn-something-new-every-day!-%28HR-Paper%29

Philipjbaker
18-02-2012, 02:14 PM
whats the make of this tee? can you tell? maybe is not 100% poly...

Hi Paul.. the T-shirt is supposedly a new one designed for sublimation. I've taken a pic of both sides of the label. I'm glad you say it's not right as I was really underwhelmed with it and thought, "crykie.. is that how they look!"

Adam, I can see the difference in your comparisons, much nicer on the HR paper but as you say I'm not sure what paper they use.

I use this company to do my canvas prints and as they do sublimation work I decided to get them to run me off a sample of mug, mouse mat and t-shirt. If this is the quality of the tees then I can't use them as it looks terrible. I'd be happy for anyone on here to provide me with a quote on printing good quality T-shirts for me, the price would need to include postage as well. Please PM me if anyone's interested?

AdamB
18-02-2012, 02:18 PM
I was printing on the AWD just cool stuff last year - it's the same material but they have made it a little thicker for sublimation - it printed fantastic and I did quite a few!

Incidently, the image I used had been used previously on mugs, mousemats etc so I could have seen the difference if it didn't print and press.

PM me some details Philip of amounts and size of print and I might be able to help you out :-)

Paul
18-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I have seen some awd tees with lovely results. this one looks like everything when wrong... moisture, pressure tc...

Philipjbaker
21-02-2012, 12:09 PM
this one looks like everything when wrong...

Hi Paul, in a way I'm glad... I'm hoping for a much better finished article than this.

Adam, I've sent you a PM.