PDA

View Full Version : Powerdriver settings

Allan
18-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Hello,

I have a Ricoh GX7000. Initially I did my colour correction in Photoshop. I think I'm getting the times and temperature for pressing okish now and the results are nearly how I want it (blacks are good) but blues are a little bit off so I thought I will give Powerdriver a go to see whether I get better results.

I have tried a couple of mugs with it but already on the print outs I could see that printing from Powerdriver has made the prints really light and low-quality. I save my image from Photoshop with sRGB profile and then print out separately through MS Publisher (that's how I print with my inkjet printer and I found I get the best results).

In the settings I selected Ceramic and the paper Trupix classic (although my paper is Signal but they don't have an option for that), intent - realistic (I want it to print what I see on the screen). For some reason, it prints on high-speed setting and I can't find a way of printing high-quality instead. You could see the print isn't as smooth as if it was printed on high-quality. When I go to Paper/Quality Advanced settings print quality is set to High Speed and it's greyed out, I can't change it. I registered the product when I installed it.

When I pressed the mugs, the colours seemed right but it was way too light as if not enough ink on the print to press onto the mug and the artefacts created by the high-speed printing were visible.

How do I get Powerdriver to print high-quality and get it to print so the images don't come out too light on the mugs?

Thank you in advance for any tips.

Allan

John G
18-02-2012, 01:01 PM
This may be of help if you want to print from photoshop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Knp4PSa54 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Knp4PSa54)

Cheers John

Allan
18-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi John,

Thank you for the link. I watched the video on Sawgrass website but unfortunately it doesn't show the PowerDriver dialog box where you select settings for PowerDriver. I don't understand why the Advanced options are greyed out for me - I did register the product so all options should be available (the Register button is greyed out).

Do others have them greyed out too, or is it just me? Is it worth reinstalling Powerdriver?

Thanks for your help.

Allan

Haze
23-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Hi John,

Thank you for the link. I watched the video on Sawgrass website but unfortunately it doesn't show the PowerDriver dialog box where you select settings for PowerDriver. I don't understand why the Advanced options are greyed out for me - I did register the product so all options should be available (the Register button is greyed out).

Do others have them greyed out too, or is it just me? Is it worth reinstalling Powerdriver?

Thanks for your help.

Allan

I've only just installed the drivers for my new Ricoh Gxe3300n, and yes on the Powerdriver dialog box on mine shows "speed" greyed out as well, and no other option. However if I change and select the Gelsprinter and view it's properties, under the "set up" print quality there's the option to choose either, quality, speed, or high speed. I'm viewing these through PS Elements print dialog settings. Why print form Publisher? Have you tried using Photoshop to print to see if there's any difference. I'm completely new to this so maybe someone with more knowledge will give some input?

JackB
23-02-2012, 06:49 PM
This link should give you all the info you need for setting up printing from photoshop: http://sawgrassink.com/v.php?pg=1609
Jack.

Allan
24-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Hello Haze and John,

Thank you for your replies. I believe it should make no difference which software you print from (as long as you have selected in Photoshop the option for printer managing the colour rather than the software doing it), the dialog box for setting Powerdriver is always the same. I print from Publisher because it automatically lets the printer manage the colours and I get colours as I see them on the screen (at least with my inkjet) and also I haven't worked out how to put 2 different images on the same A4 in Photoshop so I don't waste transfer paper - do you know how to do that?.

Allan

Paul
24-02-2012, 12:41 PM
open new pageas a A4 and do this that way :)

John G
24-02-2012, 02:24 PM
I print from Publisher because it automatically lets the printer manage the colours

There lies the problem - the Powerdriver should control the colours, not your program.