PDA

View Full Version : i think i've knackered my printer

flatcap
03-02-2010, 03:27 PM
hi all. had a little go with refillable cartridges got in yto a right mess and decided it's not worth the hassle so i've gone back to normal carts only trouble is printer will not reconise black i think i may have ink on the printer chip (not the cartridge chip) is there any way to clean it or do i need to buy a new printer hope someone can help thanks

bms
03-02-2010, 09:41 PM
What printer do you have? Have you tried putting in the genuine Epson black cartridge and does the red light still stay on? You can't really get the printer side of things messy as all this side is is a set of small bent pins that touch the chip in the right place. If one of the bent pins is damaged (which could be possible by removing and reinserting cartridges then the printer probably will need to be replaced (unless it's under 12 months old and you can claim on the warranty).

flatcap
03-02-2010, 09:56 PM
hi martin i have an s21 but i got in to such a mess with the refillables i think i got some ink on the refillable cartridge and did not notice that some was on the chip. I put it in and i think i must have transfered some mess over to the printer side
been messing around with a lint free cloth gently cleaning it most of the afternoon and i have taken the black cartridge out even though it's new (i probably contaminated that cartridge chip as well ) put in another and it registered, and every thing is working now.
That's the last time i mess around trying to save money, it' ends up costing more

bms
03-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Are you using a S21 for sublimation printing or just refilling with standard inks?

flatcap
03-02-2010, 10:59 PM
no the s21 is just for business invoices letters etc but the original durabrite kept blocking if i did not use it fairly regular so i got the refillables and bottles of ink thinking it will be cheaper but to be honest it's not worth the hassle and mess so i got some normal ink cartridges from ebay for the s21 3 sets of 4 + 2 extra blacks for £10.99 including postage and once i cleaned the mess of my printer they now work and i've been printing happily all evening
no i get all my subli stuff from you and my a3 printer and ciss it all still works like a dream every day and i must of had it 18 months now and not a problem