PDA

View Full Version : Large Qty mug quote

mrs maggot
04-02-2010, 11:54 PM
i have a potential order for mugs, they wll have a company logo on and will be in colour

i need price breaks for anyone interested in supplying them printed, artwork will be supplied, 100, 250, 400, 600 and 1,000

delivery will be in uk. i may be able to arrange split delivery over 2 months, which would help a smaller set up

please pm me, all prices given will be confidential

thanks

laura

John G
04-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Hi Laura, Do you mean full colour? if its only spot colour it may be a lot cheaper getting them screen printed.

Cheers John

Glen
05-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Hi Laura, Do you mean full colour? if its only spot colour it may be a lot cheaper getting them screen printed.

Cheers John

Just what i was thinking to John..if its only a couple of colours screen print alot cheaper..

mrs maggot
05-02-2010, 08:27 AM
ah right, its likely to be their company logo, along with the logos of some manufacturers they deal with, placed around the mug - im up for any type of process, to do that. hopefully will have some artwork in the next week or two

Andrew
05-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi Laura,

I could get any quantity done that you require.

Any info you require just let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew

John G
05-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Hi Andrew, Is that price for full colour?

Andrew
06-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah, for full colour print as regular dye sub. I do a large amount of trade printing so geared up for it.

John G
06-02-2010, 12:04 PM
If thats an RN coated mug, at that price, then I think its time I sold all my gear - only just got into sublimation too!. Buggar.

Andrew
06-02-2010, 12:13 PM
I can do RN coated for that price but currently have Rhino coat as prefer the mugs. I also stick to 10oz rather than 11oz as they are a bit more delicate looking and don't look like a builders mug. There are only 3 coatings I would ever use and all are much the same. RN is the big name as he was the inventor of the coating but Rhino and Orca are also just about as good. Once you have a decent coating it comes down to how good the mug is and quality control when coating.

I'd stick at the sublimation John as there are different levels to work at. I do volume but don't make much profit. Others will do less but make more per piece.

John G
06-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi Andrew, I did the costings and sent a private message to Laura with a quote but cannot compare with your prices. I think you will be very busy judging buy your prices :D

AJLA
06-02-2010, 12:37 PM
If thats an RN coated mug, at that price, then I think its time I sold all my gear - only just got into sublimation too!. Buggar.

DITTO!!!

Karen.
06-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Time you factor in the mugs, paper and ink, even without profit or electric etc you must be getting the mugs from a great source to be able to do them at that price.
The lowest we have ever been able to drop is at £2.20 a mug for large runs.
Also how many presses do you have running to churn out 1000 in 2 days?

Andrew
06-02-2010, 03:03 PM
I do buy in bulk with regular orders so quantities high enough to get good pricing. Wide format printing as well so cheaper ink. I guess I should have said a higher price now :lol:

Our trade printing price starts at £1.79 + vat for low quantities and goes down on a sliding scale. We can probably print 800 mugs a day on 10 heads. I was going to look at the conveyor oven but by the time clamps are put on and taken off it didn't work out any cheaper.

Might have to edit my price now and put it up. http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_scratch.png

Karen.
06-02-2010, 03:17 PM
I am curious now - how does sublimation wide format printing work out cheaper on inks? Surely the same amount of ink is being used no matter what printer it is on.

Andrew
06-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Ink costs nearly 25% of the cost. Exactly the same sawgrass ink if you like but without the Sawgrass patent restrictions. This means it is an open market which then dictates cost through competition. Small format sublimation they have a monopoly and sell ink for whatever cost the like.

purpledragon
06-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Thats just about priced me out the market too, by my reckoning you cant be making much more than 20p per mug by the time you factor in electric time effort ink and paper. i Could do it but my plan is to be the slave master not the slave

accdave
06-02-2010, 04:56 PM
At least I know where to go if I get a large order. Not even mentioned DSF Member discount yet either :lol: :lol:

purpledragon
06-02-2010, 04:59 PM
so how do you buy the ink is there some special code or handshake or something to be able to buy the ink in bulk, do i have to prove i have a wide format printer ?????

Andrew
06-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Brett - every printer has a serial code. As long as you are using something like an Espon 9000 series for the dye sub process you can buy wide format ink from the likes of Sawgrass and Lyson.

DSF Member Discount !!! lol, I'm regretting put the original price in now as my standard price would have been a bit higher.

It's like everything in business....... markets dictate the cost.

John G
06-02-2010, 05:22 PM
[quote]DSF Member Discount !!! lol, I'm regretting put the original price in now as my standard price would have been a bit higher.[code]

:lol: well, you should have put it in a "Private message", as asked for originally. :D

Karen.
06-02-2010, 05:27 PM
So how do you factor the cost of the printer in the first place into the tiny profit you make on your mugs then?

Andrew
06-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Oooooh, only just noticed the pm request :shock:

Wish I had done that now. I should take more notice in future just always rushing. Would it be rude of me to edit it now? I'm usually like a clam and can't get any info out of me. What happened? lol

purpledragon
06-02-2010, 05:30 PM
whats the serial number on your printer lol

Andrew
06-02-2010, 05:32 PM
So how do you factor the cost of the printer in the first place into the tiny profit you make on your mugs then?

Prices just work themselves out over time. You can pluck figures out of the air but they tend to be guess work. Our epuipment is running most of the time which makes it more economical than stopping and starting. Our electricity bills aren't actually that high which I was quite surprised at (running a cable from our nearest lampost must have worked).

Andrew
06-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Brett - you do get people buying the ink through the back door but you don't want to get caught doing that by Sawgrass. A few people on other forums openly admit they use wide format inks on an A4 printer but not advised.

Karen.
06-02-2010, 05:38 PM
DO you have a website etc? We use to sell mugs in huge quantities (don't do sublimation anymore) and I know that we managed to get the orders in for the mugs, but it can be hard work to keep the constant flow of orders coming in. I woudl be interested in a sample mug actually as I am always being asked for the mugs still and we have a few very regular cutomers that would love it if we could still supply them. At those prices it would be worth us looking into outsourcing them,

Andrew
06-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I think we have 5 websites but most of the business comes through contracts we have with other companies. Our competitors are the likes of Listawood and Keramikos who also supply at trade level.

If you want a sample feel free to pm me with what you want printed etc.

Karen.
06-02-2010, 05:55 PM
It was the ame here. The websites worked well, but the majority of the bulk orders came through word of mouth or direct discussion with companies etc. Wat are your websites?

bms
06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
A few people on other forums openly admit they use wide format inks on an A4 printer but not advised.

Interesting comment. As a supplier it is our responsibility to check that the end user has a wide format printer and thus be able to supply ink in the 1 litre sizes. Not sure though, if that once you have a wide format printer that Sawgrass would drill down to the end user to check that the ink you are buying for your large format printer is only being used for the large format printer (if for instance you had an A4 printer as well). Such individuals/ companies must be few and far between to (a) satisfy the supplier that they have a large format printer for sub printing and (b) have a large format printer and a small format printer as well and therefore be using the same inks for both.

Andrew
07-02-2010, 12:34 AM
I heard on one of the forums in the US where and end user was fined by Sawgrass. Went through Invoices etc and worked out how much should have been paid. Can't remember if that was a non-Sawgrass issue or misuse of wide format.

mrs maggot
07-02-2010, 09:09 PM
hi guys, i asked for quotes by PM - to keep peoples quotes private, - it was never my intention to get someone blowing people out of the water

cest la vie

theemmanewman
13-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Sorry to (once again!!) display my ignorance, but what size qualifies as "large format"? Not likely to be going there, just interested.

frizbee
20-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Andrew, are you the Andrew I think you are?

If you know me, get in touch, we need to talk about what we discussed at printwear.

Cheers

Frizbee aka David

Andrew
20-03-2010, 01:01 PM
PM sent David

chongsta
21-03-2010, 04:17 AM
Sorry to (once again!!) display my ignorance, but what size qualifies as "large format"? Not likely to be going there, just interested.

Large format is what it says on the tin really...BIG printers :)

I use a Roland Versacamm 30" printer (its a baby compared to most printers)

Put it this way, if your printer sits on your desktop in your office, then it aint large format. But if its on a stand, about 7' wide and costs a small fortune to run, its large format :)

Hope that helps :D

Dave.

Andrew
21-03-2010, 11:19 AM
I think (not 100%) the 7000 series and above classes as large format as far as sublimation is concerned.

bms
21-03-2010, 05:30 PM
The printer should print 42" or wider to be classified as a large format printer (pretty sure it's 42").

mrs maggot
24-03-2010, 08:57 PM
the oty has gone up significantly and they have had a quote in already from one of the big big boys, so looks as if im out on this one, worst part is we are not VAT reg yet, so the difference on that is huge - as they can claim it back from a vat invoice - ie the big boys but on mine it would include the vat i had been charged but they could not claim it back as it were - scupperd