PDA

View Full Version : Crash 1 hour :)

Paul
09-03-2012, 10:57 PM
few months back i had a thought to close my website as there was no sale at all for weeks. I dont know this is coz there is no need for funky templates any more or just coz everybody got them already...

so i am going to test if there is still some demand on ready made templates...

Listen carefully...

You have 2h window to get ANY THING from my web site with 80% discount!

2h only from now!

all you need is discount code: crash1hour

Trick is... there is only 10 uses allowed ;) so first 10 people can get bargain :):)

Lee
09-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Great idea - but Im not sure 10pm on a Saturday would be the optimal time......? Or is this the point?

Paul
09-03-2012, 11:12 PM
yep :) this is the point buddy :)

John G
09-03-2012, 11:14 PM
What's it going to prove though? - you're just about giving them away, and when there's things for nought, people all of a sudden want them.

Paul
09-03-2012, 11:20 PM
John. believe me. there is nothing to prove! I just had a beer and thought i will do something for fun. if you like it then get something for yourself.

John G
09-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Good on ya paul - hope you get some sales.

Lee
09-03-2012, 11:30 PM
ditto mate - i think your stuff is excellent!

Justin
09-03-2012, 11:32 PM
.....I just had a beer and thought i will do something for fun. if you like it then get something for yourself.....

Have another beer or two Paul........lol :cool:

Paul
09-03-2012, 11:35 PM
just had 3 lol :)
7% each :cool:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHzGctvb1i0j_oLx4lnaawAFPNGRN8W H22YgAVwzIANF9fkfk3-EAPkZiCdA

Justin
09-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Don't go making any rash SALE decisions now then!

Paul
09-03-2012, 11:44 PM
dont worry ;)
i can handle my drinks :D lol

smitch6
10-03-2012, 07:06 AM
did it work Paul?
you keep having sale's on and i am broke we are selling lots to try and raise money for a deposit
time to move back on land :(

Paul
10-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I had this window open for 2h. had 10 discount codes to use. Only 3 was used :-) so i dont think there is big demand on templates any more...

Good to hear you moving on land lol. You may have some more room for your gear :-P

smitch6
10-03-2012, 10:13 AM
i certainly will hopefully
i put a deposit down on a unit yesterday :D
not a very good one and it needs a ot of cleaning and work doing but it's a unit on an industrial est which is good

sorry about ur templates Paul i think this time of year is not good for anyone, everyone has bills to pay after Christmas with not much coming in
i know we are broke and have had to sell lots of things on flebay to pay the deposit etc

Lee
10-03-2012, 10:26 AM
could it be because there are sooooooooo many people selling personalised mugs already for low low prices...therefore are people moving away from this?

For those guys that sell a range of personalised products, how many are mugs compared to other items? Or have you seen the % of mug sales decline?

RogerC
10-03-2012, 06:12 PM
could it be because there are sooooooooo many people selling personalised mugs already for low low prices...therefore are people moving away from this?

For those guys that sell a range of personalised products, how many are mugs compared to other items? Or have you seen the % of mug sales decline?

I don't think sales are declining (just my take on the situation)...I was at a certain supplier yesterday and you should have seen the boxes and boxes of mugs they had coming in.

Justin
10-03-2012, 07:21 PM
You got a J and H problem Paul? :wink:

Paul
10-03-2012, 08:00 PM
You got a J and H problem Paul? :wink:

where...???

Justin
10-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Nice editing :rolleyes:

JSR
12-03-2012, 10:27 AM
sorry about ur templates Paul i think this time of year is not good for anyone, everyone has bills to pay after Christmas with not much coming in
i know we are broke and have had to sell lots of things on flebay to pay the deposit etc
Same issue here. Christmas itself wasn't very good here, and the post-Christmas lull seems to be lasting longer than usual. There's no spare funds for anything, no matter how economically-priced.

We're just keeping our heads down, hoping to weather it out, and taking each day as it comes.

JSR
12-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I had this window open for 2h. had 10 discount codes to use. Only 3 was used :-) so i dont think there is big demand on templates any more...
I don't think you can make that conclusion. How many people come to this forum every hour on the off-chance that they see this "window"? I drop by fairly frequently, but the 2hrs was over when I read about it. If I'd had available funds to buy, I wouldn't have been able to anyway.

You need to leave the window open for longer than 2hrs so that more people have the opportunity to read the post and take you up on the offer.

Justin
17-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Try again Paul :wink:

bigj2552
18-03-2012, 02:54 AM
I don't think you can make that conclusion. How many people come to this forum every hour on the off-chance that they see this "window"? I drop by fairly frequently, but the 2hrs was over when I read about it. If I'd had available funds to buy, I wouldn't have been able to anyway.

You need to leave the window open for longer than 2hrs so that more people have the opportunity to read the post and take you up on the offer.

i agree with JSR's post.....leave it open a little longer, many forum members are not on as often as others....

i

gstk
18-03-2012, 01:02 PM
I probably would have but 10pm saturday night - the forum is the last place I want to be. (No disrespect)