PDA

View Full Version : Only ever happens when you are busy

mrs maggot
19-03-2012, 08:47 PM
My creation P cut, for a while some of the push buttons have been getting a bit harder to use, tonight the -pressure button, nothing at all, and i need to change that to cut anything as i was cutting some really thick reflective vinyl, and now i cant use it.

take out my back up creation p cut, thinking i will swap over the cutters or swap over the control panel - and they are different, the 2nd one has no baud settings on it when you scroll through ( i have never used this one, it was bought as part of a job lot, and have never had to use it) so cant swap over the control panel. so i thought just use this cutter, its serial port, so go out and buy a serial to usb adaptor, and now whatever setting i set it on, nothing

also have a refine which i was going to use at the workshop, again, bought but never used, seems to not like signblazer, so looks like might have to see if it will use another programme.

could really really do without having to buy another cutter when i have 3 here...... but

so will call the engineer tomorrow and see how much a new control panel is for my creation, and see if his brains can be picked as to why the other creation has no baud settings on the control panel and see if he can help.

John G
19-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Sorry to hear you problems, hope you get sorted.

I've heard in the past that some plotters using serial to usb have hit problems, something about the wiring config being wrong on the converter.

Cheers John

mrs maggot
19-03-2012, 09:05 PM
yep, thats why i have not so far used this 2nd cutter, i thought i would just canibalise it if i needed spares, then the one spare i need is different, lol bloody typical, not sure what you call the control board, its almost like a calculator type display, is hardly visible on the 2nd cutter as well, so if i do swap them over i wont be able to see the bloody thing grrrr, never mind only 20 or so orders to do

bugger the control panel is out of stock http://www.signwizard.co.uk/creation/creation-sz-pcut-lcd-panel

John G
19-03-2012, 09:11 PM
never mind only 20 or so orders to do
Nightmare, what will you do - buy another plotter or will you be able to get life in the canibalised plotter?

Paul
19-03-2012, 09:30 PM
how about buying new software for your other cutter?
artcut is decent.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=artcut&_sacat=See-All-Categories

this might work work with your other cutters too.

mrs maggot
19-03-2012, 09:39 PM
i have a copy of artcut somewhere paul, it came with one of the cutters,

I think i might have to bite the bullet john, and get a new cutter i have seen a foison at a reasonable amount, and have been tempted for a while to move up to a good cutter, but to be honest, my creation has been a brilliant machine

Paul
19-03-2012, 09:46 PM
same here :) i was thinking about roland and then was thinking to myself... what can roland cut that my seiki can't... nothing. I can cut all vinyls and rhinestones templates so i will wait untill it pack up :) (touch wood...)

Renniwano
19-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Hope you manage to get this sorted hun..

Thankfully I can change my pressure via machine or software.. I have the Cougar 18" and it's fab because it cuts not only my vinyl.. but card, greyboard, matboard and acetate.. so if you're ever on the lookout for another cutter.. they are fab bits of kit and come in 13" 15" 18" and 24"

;)

mrs maggot
19-03-2012, 09:57 PM
never heard of that make before - where did you get it from ??

Renniwano
19-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Dawn at Thyme Graphics.. if you do ever contemplate getting one though.. please let her know I sent you lmao... x

mrs maggot
20-03-2012, 11:22 AM
right, managed to swap the boards over on the two machines, so am back in business, going to pick up a second hand cutter tonight, taking my laptop with me first, to get everything loaded on and checked before i come home lol