PDA

View Full Version : cotton poly mix

bigj2552
22-03-2012, 04:18 PM
whats the MINIMUM cotton / poly mix you can get away with for sub printing ?

cotton 70% - poly 20%...would the sub dye take to that ?

or are we looking at 50/50 mix here ?

John G
22-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Its the other way round - 70% poly

sarahjayne
22-03-2012, 04:56 PM
I had some 65/35 poly cotton mix and was not happy with them when washed. Put me off trying any others.

John G
22-03-2012, 05:02 PM
You'll get away printing with a high poly count but as Sarahjayne said, they may fade in the wash. Using the ones made for sublimation is your best bet.

bigj2552
22-03-2012, 05:15 PM
vapour T shirts it is then for sub dye work ?

so that means your stuck with vinyl / flock / rhinestones ect for pure cotton garments ?

i cant/wont go into the Direct to Garment route...way, way to expensive for a newbie like me to start with...like the idea but, £8000+ is a stinger outta anyones pocket

sarahjayne
22-03-2012, 05:30 PM
You'll get away printing with a high poly count but as Sarahjayne said, they may fade in the wash. Using the ones made for sublimation is your best bet.

They looked great when printed but one wash and they looked a year old. Might get away with it if you were doing a one off event somewhere you weren't known or doing cheap t's for a giveaway but I wouldn't want to put my name to them ;-)
Guess it depends what you're looking for.

bigj2552
22-03-2012, 05:41 PM
They looked great when printed but one wash and they looked a year old. Might get away with it if you were doing a one off event somewhere you weren't known or doing cheap t's for a giveaway but I wouldn't want to put my name to them ;-)
Guess it depends what you're looking for.

one word - QUALITY...happy punter = repeat sales / good reputation

thanks for all inputs

John G
22-03-2012, 08:23 PM
If you ever get larger qty's of t'shirts to quote on, and want them screen printed, give me a shout. At the moment I'm not set up to do prints on black (dark) t shirts but if you want prints onto light coloured t's then no problem.

Cheers John

bigj2552
23-03-2012, 12:38 AM
If you ever get larger qty's of t'shirts to quote on, and want them screen printed, give me a shout. At the moment I'm not set up to do prints on black (dark) t shirts but if you want prints onto light coloured t's then no problem.

Cheers John
thanks john.....i certainly will keep that on the back burner m8....