PDA

View Full Version : temp or time, and batch print questions?

gavtheoldskater
23-03-2012, 08:06 PM
ran three mugs today, generally very very pleased with the results. these presses are great toys are'nt they!!

however, the results raised a couple of questions.

i printed three mugs, all different designs, at 180/180.

first mug was a black line drawing, even with a botched timing (as in pressed the wrong button to go so no timer), came out perfect.

middle mug full colour, fine.

last mug a different black line drawing, bit thinner detail, came out perfectly passable but not as black as the first when placed side by side and maybe slightly erring to brownish black.

so assuming the last one is down to being over-cooked a little, is it better to drop the temp and maintain 180s or reduce the time but maintain the temp - or does it matter either way?

also what sort of reduction steps are required, for instance in time terms is 10secs a big jump?

in terms of doing different designs, does the temp/time setting tend to vary per design in which case its best to do batch runs? or is it a one temp/time for all deal?

thanks

Paul
23-03-2012, 08:48 PM
I would say it was under cooked :) if you put 3 cold mugs to mug press that is set for 180c i ma sure there was quite a lot of temp drop with last mug.
...but as usual... I am probably wrong lol :)