PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble on text

jennywren
26-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Does any one know how to do text with out threads coming loose, out text looks ok but to many loose threads that make it untidy, can any one recommend a text that tidy readable any suggestions.

ASO Embroidery
26-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Hi Jennywren
which embroidery software are you using. But I think most should fix & lock ( Tieoff the threads ) so they do not unravel automatically someone may know different. Is it a digitized font you are using from the software or is it one you have digitized yourself. is it a satin stitch you are using if you could supply some more details i may be of more help.

Regards

Sammy.

jennywren
27-03-2012, 12:38 AM
We have image digitized by a company, the text we do our self (as we absorb the cost of digitizing ourself ) the text we doing in pe design 8 in a satin stitch. We have tried several different fonts

ASO Embroidery
27-03-2012, 01:16 AM
if its loose threads on the satin stitch what size font are you using have you checked you tensions have you checked the needle or that the needle is not rubbing against the presser foot If its any help to you if you wish to send me the wording and which font you require it in I could always copy it and send you it back in PES and see if that works if its still doing it I think it may be more a mechanical problem than a software one I have usually found after a lot of messing around its one of the thing I have mensioned hope this may be of some help to you and regardless you get it sorted.

Sammy

kevin.m.
28-03-2012, 01:40 PM
we use net digitizing.com for our designs that are too time consuming to do in house,cost is £10 for any size left breast design so we let them do the text as well then if we need to alter anything then we let them edit it free of charge so no need to do the text seperately, let them do it all. at the moment they are offering 2 free designs when you sign up and they are really good firm to use.

logodigitizing
28-03-2012, 02:04 PM
also check your underthread and the tensions as already mentioned..needles incorrectly positioned may also cause this..

check tie off/tie in on your lettering settings..in fact check the lettering settings are correct for the garment type also..

:)

jennywren
28-03-2012, 03:01 PM
we use net digitizing.com for our designs that are too time consuming to do in house,cost is £10 for any size left breast design so we let them do the text as well then if we need to alter anything then we let them edit it free of charge so no need to do the text seperately, let them do it all. at the moment they are offering 2 free designs when you sign up and they are really good firm to use.
I use them, but our images are used for more than one person and so don't get them to do it, otherwise I would. Another group will use the design but would want something different written underneath or top and if their greedy top and bottom

jennywren
28-03-2012, 03:03 PM
check tie off/tie in on your lettering settings..

:)[/QUOTE]
Now that's a interesting point I'll have to check and see if we have that in our programme. Never knew that feature even existed

Earl Smith
29-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Hi Jennywren, I had a similar problem with the text looping and looking very untidy. What had happened , I changed one of the cones and the thread somehow jumped behind one of the tensioning wheels. I knew it wasnt a bobbin problem because the other needles sewed out ok.
Also , are your tensions ok? On the underside showing one third bobbin and two thirds top thread.
Have you changed from viscose to poly thread? You need to alter the tension if you have. I have found that poly will loop more because its more slippery.
Try rotating your needle very very slightly to the right. The thread will pull through smoother.
Just my thoughts.

davidoakeas
16-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Small letters can be problem, same for me for sometimes but now i can do it myself....but i outsource most of digitizing which saves me time. I outsource 6 to 8 designs to Freelancer Digitizer Steve (gnizitigid@gmail.com). Good in quality and prices $10 per design. I have learnt lot from him and starting doing small designs myself.....He offer first Two design Free.

Which software you are using, I have wilcom. I only use it for letters and small designs etc.