PDA

View Full Version : Black Ink is Dull after being Pressed

Yamman
12-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Hey everyone,

I need some help with my printing and pressing. Any help or advice received would be much appreciated.

I have just purchased a Epson B40W printer, Visi-ink sublimation bulk feed system, and a flat bed heat press.

I have installed the bulk feed system and installed the icc profiles for corel draw X4 and setup the printer properties to the recommeded settings.

The problem is that when I haved printed my image onto sublimation paper and then pressed it onto the metal (white faced disc which I have coated with a polymer coating), the black that has been transferred is dull and not as rich as it can be. The colours being transferred are prefect, it is just the black.

I have done nozzle checks and head cleans and they are as good as can be.

Im heating for 55sec at 195C

Again, any help would be brillant.

Many Thanks

Ash

accdave
12-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Have you tried printing the same image on to a different substrate ?

bms
12-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Do you know how black your black is? Is it 100% CMYK - if it is less then it won't be as deep a black as it could be.
Have you done a nozzle check to confirm the black is printing okay?

Yamman
12-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Have you tried printing the same image on to a different substrate ?

The only substrate available is the metal disc that we are transfering to, which are aluminium. For us, there would be no point in trying it on anything else as we are not going to be transfering onto any other subrate.

Thanks for the reply

Ash

Yamman
12-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Do you know how black your black is? Is it 100% CMYK - if it is less then it won't be as deep a black as it could be.

As far as im aware, it is the standard black on the corel draw palette. How would i go about getting a 100% CMYK black? Im new to corel draw and im learning it as i go along.

The nozzle checks are fine and the black is printing good onto the paper.

Thanks for the reply

Ash

Yamman
12-02-2010, 01:53 PM

As far as im aware, it is the standard black on the corel draw palette. How would i go about getting a 100% CMYK black? Im new to corel draw and im learning it as i go along.

The nozzle checks are fine and the black is printing good onto the paper.

Thanks for the reply

Ash

I think i have figured it out. Your suggestion was spot on.

Thank you very very much

Ash

John G
12-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi Ash, Can you tell me about your polymer coating, how you apply it and where you get it from.
Cheers John