PDA

View Full Version : Supplier Discounts etc.

Justin
12-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I've been talking to a couple of suppliers recently with regards to special offers/discounts for forum members.

Just wanted to ask you all what type of items you'd be interested in me trying to get the discounts on. Paper, consumables, postage discount etc. I'm sure we'd all be very happy with discounted ink costs!

There's also a possibility of some closeouts, leftover stock coming our way so I'll be sure to post as soon as this becomes available.

Not 100% how we'll implement this yet, we don't want anyone joining just to get the discounts, all members should have made a good contribution to the forum.

purpledragon
13-02-2010, 12:16 AM
But what do you measure a good contribution by? someone could post complete garble everynight, theyd be always posting but what value are they or you could have someone who only posts valid answers maybe once or twice a month .... not an easy one this. I hate to say it but the only fair way would be to have a membership fee but for that to work you would need constant membership benefits ie cheap stock supplier offers etc . All of a sudden justin you no longer do any printing but are now a full time DSF worker maybe even a supplier ..... is this begining to sound familiar to another forum not so many moons ago i suspect not what you had in mind
Brett

Justin
13-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Hi Brett, just putting it out there to see who's interested at this stage, suppliers have offered so I wanted opinions. I can see what you're saying and we would need a way to distinguish between contributing members and others. I'm sure we can find a way.
I won't become a supplier it simply means you'll get a discount when ordering, no additional work for me really.

Karen.
13-02-2010, 02:25 AM
It sounds a good plan if it can be implemented though.
Not sure how you would work it, but if it ispossible then a good idea. For me, no longer being in sublimation, I can't really commit to what would work best. When I was still in it though postage discounts would always sway me, as a smaller order with high postage is what puts many off of ordering. This is why I always liked BMS as you had the option on standard royal mail as well for the smaller orders.

Kaz
04-03-2010, 01:33 PM
How about a private members only section on here, that way it's only members that get access to this offer instead of every Tom Dick and Harry that happens to browse the site?

Justin
04-03-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm still looking at the 'how to' for this. The members section/for sale etc. is only visible to registered members. Hope to make an announcement about this soon.

Justin :D