PDA

View Full Version : tee shirts

jennywren
13-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Not sure if this is the right place but I would like to buy olive green t.shirts to sub dye on, can anyone recommend anywhere, I have never tried sub dyeing on tee shirts so I only wish to purschase maybe 10 to see how it works out, then I'll buy in bulk. i would like to of a reasonable quality and take sub dyeing. :geek:

accdave
13-02-2010, 08:46 PM
The only sublimation shirt I've seen that resembles any shade of green is Spruce in the Backcountry collection at Transfer Press

http://thetransferpress.co.uk/acatalog/ ... hirts.html (http://thetransferpress.co.uk/acatalog/Backcountry_Collection_t-shirts.html)

If nobody comes up woth an alternative you could ring them and ask how green it is. They would even let you buy a couple for trying out and send them out by post if you ask them.

bms
14-02-2010, 10:05 AM
I think we have a couple of light olive green sub t's in stock which we have as samples. We currently only stock the pastel blues but if transfer press don't have stock them we can help with a sample.

accdave
14-02-2010, 10:18 AM
What brand are they Martin ? Out of curioisty how do you decide if something is worth stocking. I would guess it's a bit chicken and egg. How do you know if your customers are going to buy them if you don't stock them and on the other hand to be able to find if out the customer is going to buy them you need to get a minimum order. Glad I'm not a supplier, I can stick to buying 1 and seeing if it ends up as a profit item or a shoe duster :D

bms
14-02-2010, 12:17 PM
I'll check the label on Monday but they aren't the main brand t-shirts. The pastel blue one have gone down well with customers and they are thinner than the traditional sublimation white t-shirts. They are polyester in the upper layer of the tee but have a cotton feel to them.

As for deciding what to stock and what not to stock - physical space in the warehouse often dictates this :) . I'm currently looking into the new polyester sports clothing - sports vests look good, but again it's finding space to put this. Have to see what space we have once our new stocks of goods arrive this week...

bms
15-02-2010, 12:03 PM
What brand are they

The label in the t-shirt says SUBLI SHIRT and below this, in a yellow band it says BASIC and the size. It's a light sage colour.

I have one in XL here, brand new, in a plastic bag. We can get these in stock in around 5 days.