PDA

View Full Version : Heat press problem.. :(

Dezignwar
08-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Hi,

My heat press has stopped working yesterday, it was working fine and then the temperature controller display went out and stopping clicking in and out when at set temperature.

The timer still works when you lower the plate but it no longer heats up.

Unfortuantlly i brough this second hand to get me started, it is a clam type press and from china.

The temperature control unit has XMTE temperature controller on it MC 02810232

Hopefully i have just attached a couple of picture.

If anybody has any ideas or where i can get a replacement part or equiverlant would be most greatfull.

Many thanks
Happy eatser.

gorgall2
08-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Have you tried pushing the reset?

Justin
08-04-2012, 07:11 PM
If it does need repair you could try Pressmech in Leicestershire, they fix all types of press :-)

Dezignwar
08-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Have you tried pushing the reset?

Thats not a reset button.. :( its a little dial im guessing to tweek the temp..

Thanks may have to give them a try.. tried everything i can.. took back off checked connections etc.. gutted didnt really want to have to fork out on a new press unless i have to..

bms
08-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi,

My heat press has stopped working yesterday, it was working fine and then the temperature controller display went out and stopping clicking in and out when at set temperature.

Unfortuantlly i brough this second hand to get me started, it is a clam type press and from china.

If anybody has any ideas or where i can get a replacement part or equiverlant would be most greatfull.

Many thanks
Happy eatser.

Would be useful to take a photo of the back of this unit. Does it have a series of round pins in a circular format?

Dezignwar
08-04-2012, 07:57 PM

Attached is the back of the unit.

No it doesnt have round pins.

Dezignwar
08-04-2012, 08:02 PM

here is another image of the back..

Many thanks for your help.

pisquee
08-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Think we have a spare controller of this type knocking about - someone was selling some of them in Ebay, and we decided to buy a couple - one to use in a broken press, and the other to keep as a spare.

Dezignwar
09-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Think we have a spare controller of this type knocking about - someone was selling some of them in Ebay, and we decided to buy a couple - one to use in a broken press, and the other to keep as a spare.
Hi would you be interested in selling it and how much for? That would amazing. Many thanks

pisquee
10-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Need to check with the wife, but I don't think we need it, as I don't think any of our presses use those controllers anymore - need to find where we've stored it!

Dezignwar
10-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Many thank finger crossed you can find it :)

Dezignwar
12-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Any Joy?? finger crossed..

kazzame
16-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Hi i know this is an old post but id thought id give it a try i have this same temp controllerr on a heat press howver have no instrustions, was wondering what temps oyou used on it for t-shirts

TIa
Karen

Hi,

Many thanks
Happy eatser.