PDA

View Full Version : 38 x 38 Heat Press

harlequeen
12-04-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm thinking about buying a 38 x 38 heat press. I tend to think about purchases like this for a while so I was wondering if anyone would like to give me the benefit of their experience.

I have looked on BMS and Coralgraph, and BMS are out of stock, and I wondered if the machines they were offering were basically comperable.

Regards

Harlequeen

Paul
13-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Iam on this same boat as you :-)
i actualy going to visit coralgraph soon to test their 38x 38cm flat press. Clamp shel one. Thos is my choice as most of them on ebay are very massive when control box is. Coralgraph aint. This will help if garment need to be wraped under the platen if this is any sense to you lol.

harlequeen
13-04-2012, 12:23 AM
I will be very interested in your thoughts when you have been Paul. BMS have not had one in stock for some time, so it might be Hobson's Choice as they say.

bms
13-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Ours are arriving at the end of April (container docking on April 24th).

John G
13-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Paul,
If your going to wrap the t shirt around the platen please test it on the coralgraph presses as I cannot do this on mine due to very, very sharp edges on the platen. It is a lovecut press though :wink:

Maybe it just needs a good filing but haven't got round to it yet.

Paul
13-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah. I will john. i also need some room for hoods where the control box is as i tend to prolint hoodies this way. Iam not hig fan of printing up side dow if you know what i mean.

John G
13-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Get a swing away, much easier.

Paul
13-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Got one now buddy. And not much easier. I only have small press now.so need biger one. But no room for big swingaway one iam affraid... :-(

Justin
13-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Maybe a drawer press would help?

Paul
13-04-2012, 04:43 PM
i looked in to them too. didnt decided yet. but cheaper option would be standard one :/

Imme
13-04-2012, 05:48 PM
A swing away is easy to use but they are hard to find bigger that 15" so we have to use a clam for A3 sized items.
I was wondering about the drawer press Justin, but was advised that when you lay up a design then slide it under the press it can move ruining you layout.
Does anyone here uses a drawer press and know if the advice I was given was right or wrong?

Martin cull
15-04-2012, 02:46 AM
I bought a 40x50 swing away from coral graph some time ago, it seemed incredibly cheap at £190.00 but it has worked brilliantly every time. When it arrived it did have a small amount of rust on some of the bolts, but we cleaned them up and gave them a touch of paint and it's all good.

Dezignwar
17-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Just ordered one of these from coralgraph, as still not able to get mine fixed.. will let you know how i get on tomorrow when it arrives. :)

bigj2552
17-04-2012, 02:36 PM
talking about coralgraph.....
whats happened to his hardware stock ????

he used to have at least 4/5 mug press's & 3/4 diff flat & combo press's

Martin cull
17-04-2012, 04:31 PM
talking about coralgraph.....
whats happened to his hardware stock ????

he used to have at least 4/5 mug press's & 3/4 diff flat & combo press's

I also got a mug press from them, it wasnt listed on the webiste but I phone up and they talked me through the options.... I think they just get variable stock when its available.

purpledragon
17-04-2012, 11:53 PM
are these cheap presses false economy though? my love cut press has given up the fight i think its the thermostat . it was a great press for 2 years and cheap too but tomorrow i recieve delivery of a stahls, built like the proverbial and back up to go with it and as someone told me "it depend what you want , if you dont think you'll be in business in 2 years buy cheap but if your in for the long haul buy quality" cant wait

Dezignwar
18-04-2012, 10:16 AM
In the past i have see a few times people discussing which is better.. Clam press or swing away??

mrs maggot
18-04-2012, 10:52 AM
swing away if you have the room for it, gives you more workspace on the platen for laying out designs, and also its is gentler(is that a word) when you release it, which can be vital for some work

JSR
18-04-2012, 03:15 PM
are these cheap presses false economy though? my love cut press has given up the fight i think its the thermostat . it was a great press for 2 years and cheap too but tomorrow i recieve delivery of a stahls, built like the proverbial and back up to go with it and as someone told me "it depend what you want , if you dont think you'll be in business in 2 years buy cheap but if your in for the long haul buy quality" cant wait
I guess it depends on the price. If you buy a £200 press that lasts two years, and someone else buys a £500 press that lasts five years, and a third person buys an £800 press than lasts 8 years, then all three are presses that cost £100 per year.

It's the same with printers. If you buy a £500 printer than lasts 10 years and someone else buys a £20 printer that lasts just one year, who's made the best deal? The guy who spent £20, not the guy who spent £500.

Swings and roundabouts.

bigj2552
18-04-2012, 03:33 PM
I guess it depends on the price. If you buy a £200 press that lasts two years, and someone else buys a £500 press that lasts five years, and a third person buys an £800 press than lasts 8 years, then all three are presses that cost £100 per year.

It's the same with printers. If you buy a £500 printer than lasts 10 years and someone else buys a £20 printer that lasts just one year, who's made the best deal? The guy who spent £20, not the guy who spent £500.

Swings and roundabouts.

TALKING ABOUT
Swings and roundabouts.

Did you get that brother 5910dw printer while its on offer ?
i just snapped up another one last night for a back up before they go back up in price lol
delivered on monday coming...local store ran out of em :tongue:

JSR
18-04-2012, 03:50 PM
TALKING ABOUT
Swings and roundabouts.

Did you get that brother 5910dw printer while its on offer ?
i just snapped up another one last night for a back up before they go back up in price lol
delivered on monday coming...local store ran out of em :tongue:
No, I have too many printers here already. If I get another one, the house will sink! :biggrin:

Next time maybe...

purpledragon
18-04-2012, 11:26 PM
well my new stahl turned up today auto release makes life a bit easier esp when deciding if i have time to answer the phone before the press beeps. mag lock down makes it a breeze to shut no effort no matter what the pressure and rock solid build you can certainly see where the extra ££££ are spent gotta say im impressed

Dezignwar
19-04-2012, 12:55 AM
Press I ordered was a 38x38 clam press from corelgraph what received was a 38x38swing away.. Did I do well?? Used it tonight and it worked well see dezignwar on facebook for results.

smitch6
19-04-2012, 06:55 AM
i ordered a box of mugs off coral once and got a heat press :D
i did inform him tho and return it as they always look after me

bigj2552
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
well.....that put me in a situation.....
was all set to buy bms DF1 mug press & 30x38 swing away then.....
coralgraph got new stock in when i checked today....

cash is ready in bank for purchase on wed coming but....

is it - 30x38 swing away from bms
or
40x50 flat bed from coralgraph.......if the flat bed has a floating head i may be tempted.

As i got A3 printers, i,m obviously gonna be doing A3 stuff ( eventually)
Space doesnt matter ....got plenty of it.

people keep telling me the swing away is better for sub printing, as you get an even pressure when you pull the handle down but -
surely you would get the same pressure if the flat bed press had a floating head ?????

The combo i was gonna get is now out !.....seperates all the way !

well...this week is buying week friends....all the asking, all the research, all the time and effort with the website ect.....ITS TIME !

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP & info over the last 2mths or so !

bigj2552
08-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Press I ordered was a 38x38 clam press from corelgraph what received was a 38x38swing away.. Did I do well?? Used it tonight and it worked well see dezignwar on facebook for results.

er.....didnt think coral did 38x38 swing away !!!!!....are you sure it 38x38 ????

bigj2552
08-05-2012, 02:50 PM
40x50 from coral was totally fixed head with NO movement at all.....that means you would possibly get the "pinch effect" with thicker items....
ah well....orders away :biggrin:

went with martin @ BMS - swingaway press & mug press....along with a load of bits n bobs for me to try my skills at ...hopefully !
can always buy the bigger 40x50 clam from coral if needed later....not that expensive anyway...

bigj2552
09-05-2012, 12:16 AM
now thats whats i call service from a company....

ordered 2.30pm yesterday from BMS...getting delivered well, it will be today now lol....24hrs delivery...dam good going considering its a swing away press / mug press and some stock to practice on....:biggrin:

bigj2552
09-05-2012, 08:44 PM
right guys.....swing away press i got - does the pad thats on the bottom platen ment to come off ?
or is it ment to be removable ?

just wondering ! :confused:
it doesnt fall off - thats just for demo....lol

bms
09-05-2012, 09:04 PM
right guys.....swing away press i got - does the pad thats on the bottom platen ment to come off ?
or is it ment to be removable ?

just wondering ! :confused:
it doesnt fall off - thats just for demo....lol

It's meant to come off - it isn't fixed to the bottom part.

bigj2552
09-05-2012, 09:07 PM
It's meant to come off - it isn't fixed to the bottom part.

lol...cheers martin...just wondering bud :redface:

bigj2552
09-05-2012, 09:08 PM
out of interest martin - you guys dont sell the top & bottom teflon covers for these press's ?

bms
09-05-2012, 09:13 PM
out of interest martin - you guys dont sell the top & bottom teflon covers for these press's ?
We do have some large teflon sheets available. I think these are 40cm x 60cm but there are also the standard A3 sheets. I'll need to check the size which I can do tomorrow afternoon.

bigj2552
09-05-2012, 09:15 PM
We do have some large teflon sheets available. I think these are 40cm x 60cm but there are also the standard A3 sheets. I'll need to check the size which I can do tomorrow afternoon.

mind..its the sheets that are FITTED martin, not just flung over/under like the convential way.

see below from another company @ £12.99 for the top fitted for a 38x38

bms
09-05-2012, 09:19 PM
mind..its the sheets that are FITTED martin, not just flung over/under like the convential way
Ah... no we don't do fitted sheets (that's the posh end of town) ;)

bigj2552
09-05-2012, 09:44 PM
anyone use these guys ?...thinking of buying this from them -
http://www.targettransfers.com/p/QUICKSLIPTE2838/Quick-Slip-Pad-Protector-Teflon-28x38cm

but when you go to there cart page you get this at the top -

"Please note that our offices are closed from 12pm on Thursday, 23rd December until 9am on Tuesday, 4th January, 2011. Web ordering is still available during this period but dispatch will not occur until Tuesday, 4th January, 2011. May we take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"

like what the hell :eek:..are they legit company ?...or just dont give a toss for there site appearance ?

Reg
10-05-2012, 02:20 PM
It's not there when I click on that link.

bulldogz
10-05-2012, 07:12 PM
anyone use these guys ?...thinking of buying this from them -
http://www.targettransfers.com/p/QUICKSLIPTE2838/Quick-Slip-Pad-Protector-Teflon-28x38cm

but when you go to there cart page you get this at the top -

"Please note that our offices are closed from 12pm on Thursday, 23rd December until 9am on Tuesday, 4th January, 2011. Web ordering is still available during this period but dispatch will not occur until Tuesday, 4th January, 2011. May we take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"

like what the hell :eek:..are they legit company ?...or just dont give a toss for there site appearance ?

Ive used this company loads of times really helpful and they are legit

bigj2552
11-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Ive used this company loads of times really helpful and they are legit

cheers for reply bud.....can buy easy now