PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see on the forum?

Justin
19-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Looking for feedback on anything you'd like to see here on the forum, new sections, new features etc.

I'm looking into updating the arcade with better games if that's something folk will make use of?

Anything else please let me know :smile:

sensor
22-04-2012, 10:57 PM
More up to date infomation from suppliers, like special offers/discounts,
If a special offer is advertised on the forum without a end date, it is still available

I'm sure we all love the tetrus game!!

Cheers
Paul

Tans
22-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Inspired from my first post, a second one quick to follow! One feature that I think would be a great addition to the forums would be the ability to post polls. My local footy team use VB forums too so I know this feature is available, but just not sure if it comes for an extra cost or not. I think it would be really good to be able to rate certain things quickly though rather than having to troll through the sometimes off-topic comments :smile:

I also find it actually brings out more contributions as you can either post public or anon polls and that brings the more shy member out of their shells....:redface:

Justin
22-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Great feedback guys, many thanks. I'm constantly working on the Suppliers situation and hope to update this further soon.

Polls are available, you can create them at the same time as a new thread :-) When you start a thread look at the bottom of the screen and you'll find the option there.

Keep it coming, always appreciate feedback.

logobear
23-04-2012, 09:38 AM
How about a links section, - one were members can post links, - and then everyone can 'vote' on how good they are.
There can be simple supplier lists, and more technical ones, also vidoes, demos, even an area devoted to examples, funny tshirt stories, copywrite etc.
I often click a link in a thread, and want to re find it later, - only to not know where to look.
These links could include members web sites which will help with SEO

smitch6
23-04-2012, 09:56 AM
maybe a link at the top for tutorials
like wot Paul does for PS etc

DS Designs
23-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Me and Steve used a chat thingymabob that was tried a month or so back...that would be pretty useful

pisquee
23-04-2012, 10:31 AM
a wiki section, where articles/tutorials/FAQs (etc) can be posted/editted. I think that could be an amazing resource - maybe at a new web address of dyesubwiki.co.uk / com

smitch6
23-04-2012, 11:50 AM
if you need a hand with the min-chat Justin i use the same thing on my site.

AJLA
23-04-2012, 12:06 PM
A tutorial section :smile:

hidehi
23-04-2012, 04:11 PM
A tutorial section would be great, so another vote here :smile:

Justin
23-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Cheers for this. I'm looking at tutorials and videos anyway so good to hear folk would use them. I decided against chat due to the fact that it will take traffic away from the site. I do have a chat module installed but only for admin use.

smitch6
23-04-2012, 07:26 PM
i have a mini chat as you know Justin and i can honestly say it hasn't reduced the posts.
it's just handy if you need to quickly chat to someone rather than pm backwards and forwards etc. :)
you can set up an admin only bit on it which is password protected and u can set certain users to allow to see it so only them and you can see it.

Paul
23-04-2012, 09:26 PM
tutorial/download/video section would be good. also rating for links and other stuff sounds cool.

AJLA
24-04-2012, 09:51 AM
It will keep you very busy Paul but hey when you're busy you stay out of trouble:tongue:

bigj2552
20-05-2012, 08:20 PM
any chance of an option of skins to choose from.....this one for day and a darker one for night viewing ???

mrs maggot
21-05-2012, 11:47 AM
after reading Pauls reply on another post can we please have "sex under the avatar" - maybe after a bit of chat first though :wink:

bigj2552
21-05-2012, 12:07 PM
after reading Pauls reply on another post can we please have "sex under the avatar" - maybe after a bit of chat first though :wink:

LOLOLOL....Made me laugh at this time of the morning :biggrin:..and thats rare :rolleyes:

Paul
21-05-2012, 06:02 PM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll221/Asheera_Moonblood/proud.gif

Justin
21-05-2012, 09:58 PM
any chance of an option of skins to choose from.....this one for day and a darker one for night viewing ???

OK, option has been installed but I'll be getting alternative themes as soon as I can. Once they're installed you go to FORUM ACTIONS, GENERAL SETTINGS - Scroll to the bottom and there's an option to use alternative Skins :-)

I've thrown one in there to test it but it might not display all images etc. at the moment.....but you'll get the idea.

now I have to find some decent styles to upload for you!

bigj2552
21-05-2012, 11:08 PM
OK, option has been installed but I'll be getting alternative themes as soon as I can. Once they're installed you go to FORUM ACTIONS, GENERAL SETTINGS - Scroll to the bottom and there's an option to use alternative Skins :-)

I've thrown one in there to test it but it might not display all images etc. at the moment.....but you'll get the idea.

now I have to find some decent styles to upload for you!

bit extreme bud lol.....but you got the idea....
try and go for a darker grey colour - rather than white just now.....you want it so it takes the glare off for night viewing :wink:

Justin
24-05-2012, 10:48 PM
You can also quickly adjust the theme at the bottom left of every page with a drop down menu. I still haven't put any decent themes on but I'll get there!

mrs maggot
10-10-2012, 10:26 PM
justin - in the printer section, could we have a sticky post with "read this first" and then have a bit about colour profiling, and also the different types of ink needed to sublimate images - time and time again we get the same posts, perhaps a read this first might help.

Justin
10-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Will take a look at this as soon as I can. probably come under the FAQ that we intend to have at the start of each section to avoid the repeated questions
;-)

Paul
10-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Good idea mrs maggot! I think we jave eaxctly same question within 3 days.

Also in trading section minimum post count woul be nice :-)

Justin
10-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Also in trading section minimum post count would be nice :-)

We've looked at this before and it's a tricky one to implement. Personally I have no problem with a new member coming on to sell items, it would be polite if they informed me of this and closed their membership once the items were sold but that doesn't happen :-)

accdave
10-10-2012, 11:09 PM
justin - in the printer section, could we have a sticky post with "read this first" and then have a bit about colour profiling, and also the different types of ink needed to sublimate images - time and time again we get the same posts, perhaps a read this first might help.

There was good article made about printers etc by JSR or JOHNG. Problem is when people keep asking the same basic question, people keep answering them :)

socialgiraffe
10-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Agree with Paul and MrsMaggot

I do see the same question pop up time and time again. Many a time I have wanted to respond with an answer that I suspect would have me banned!!!!

I am not sure if a "READ THIS FIRST" would help or not as I suspect most people ignore it. But its worth giving it a try.

Justin
10-10-2012, 11:39 PM
People will never "READ THIS FIRST" I'm afraid. Just take a look in the For Sale section for a good example! It's down to us to point the member to these FAQ's, it doesn't help when 'we' all answer repeatedly though I guess :-)

mrs maggot
11-10-2012, 10:12 AM
maybe if we all get a standard reply going - please follow this link - or have you read this first, and then perhaps those admin can lock the thread to new posters for a while to stop them getting more replies, as i often say to people - all the answers are in the forum you just need to search for them

i wash thinking a heading of "printing faded colours/green/not what you see on screen" then a link to a FAQ section, then the same could be linked on the heat press / mug press "pressing faded colours/green/not what you see on screen" again with a link to the same faq

if it says "read this first" they wont, if it has a small heading of what we already know are the most common headings they might?

socialgiraffe
11-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Perhaps a simple redesign of the front page might help.

If you put a box at the top above all the topic areas with something along the lines of "PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FACILITY BEFORE POSTING" (or something along those lines) then that might help.

WorthDoingRight
11-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Would still love to see recent posts to the suppliers forum appear when you click what's new. In fact unless you enter the suppliers forum section you do not even know what has been posted in there.

Justin
11-10-2012, 12:22 PM
WDR....I thought that issue had been resolved, will need to double check and rectify this.

harlequeen
11-10-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't think locking a thread will help as it will just look as if the forum is unwilling to help, which is not true.

I do get peeved myself when people start a subject thread which has been answered many times before, but I also think that old threads getting new answers is annoying. LOL

EssexImaging
17-08-2013, 05:39 AM
Has the suggestion of making the forum 'Tapatalk enabled' ever come up? For those who don't know, tapatalk is a forum app that works across all phones, be it an iPhone, Android, Windows etc etc. Its free and easy to set up, and in my opinion, is a must have feature. I run a forum too, and when a look at my 'who's online list' the amount of people viewing via tapatalk easily outweighs the amount of people sitting at a computer.
I don't know about you lot, but browsing while on the phone can be quite a difficult task, and posting is not much easier.

:edit:
I just the the "mobile version poll" a few threads down (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?3663-DSF-vBulletin-Mobile-Style-Poll)
Still think this is a must though!!

gstk
17-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Has the suggestion of making the forum 'Tapatalk enabled' ever come up? For those who don't know, tapatalk is a forum app that works across all phones, be it an iPhone, Android, Windows etc etc. Its free and easy to set up, and in my opinion, is a must have feature. I run a forum too, and when a look at my 'who's online list' the amount of people viewing via tapatalk easily outweighs the amount of people sitting at a computer.
I don't know about you lot, but browsing while on the phone can be quite a difficult task, and posting is not much easier.

:edit:
I just the the "mobile version poll" a few threads down (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?3663-DSF-vBulletin-Mobile-Style-Poll)
Still think this is a must though!!

Good prog - use it for all forums I go on and if it has tapatalk I never use a computer. Also more likely to use a forum with tapatalk.

Angloman
18-02-2014, 08:33 AM
A special section of the suppliers/advertiser where they can offer special one off discounts or special offers coming up so we can be aware of it,and may be a video section on different aspects of sublimation,video should be available for premium members only tho as no hit and runners,they can even be taken from youtube as links

purpledragon
18-02-2014, 10:02 AM
A special section of the suppliers/advertiser where they can offer special one off discounts or special offers coming up so we can be aware of it,and may be a video section on different aspects of sublimation,video should be available for premium members only tho as no hit and runners,they can even be taken from youtube as links
There is a special section for suppliers isnt there ? as for making it available for premium members only isnt that counter productive to suppliers ? they want to reach as many people as possible with their adverts premium members or not . I have not renewed my membership for reasons of my own but i speak to suppliers deirectly very often and im pretty sure if i said to one " hey i cant see your ad on the forum as im not a premium member " they would probably start considering the viability of paying to be a supplier if their only audiance is an elite group of people . Existing businesses are very important to suplliers but i would suggest that suppliers would also very much want to reach newcommers to the trade after all get a customer early on then that customer has a greater chance of sticking with that one supplier new commers dont tend to pay for premium membership initially (if at all) so this demographic would be lost to suppliers . Unless of course you make the whole forum a membership only and that subject has been hammered to death in the past.

Justin
18-02-2014, 05:14 PM

Any Supplier Member has their own section where they are encouraged to do this. We also have a video section :-)

logos unlimited
08-08-2015, 07:54 AM
more links to other business so we can help each other !

Quinsfan
08-08-2015, 05:10 PM

We are on Tapatalk.

mr-gobby
10-08-2015, 11:25 PM
How about a rogues gallery with sections for pictures of jobs done/run, pictures of work environments/warehouses/garden sheds, pictures of random stuff we have/do outside of subli/print

Paul
10-08-2015, 11:45 PM
there is show off tread already ;)

mr-gobby
10-08-2015, 11:52 PM
oh, where?

scotty44
11-08-2015, 01:00 AM
oh, where?

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?3146-Show-off-thread-%29

:wink:

mr-gobby
11-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Hadn't seen/got that, be easier found in titled menu section than sticky post maybe, I was thinking a dedicated section with subsections. Very impressive stuff in there btw.

mr-gobby
12-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Found this post with the sort of thing I was looking to view http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?7716-Home-workers-post-pics-your-equipment-set-up-from-home/page2&highlight=storage

Hoping to see ideas others use as we're starting to wonder where the heck to put things and stock lol, need some more reorganising and ideas which of course this sort of posting could help so if anyone has devised great space saving ideas let us know! We've deployed a clamp mounted height adjustable tray for our laptop for example to save on desk space.

mr-gobby
12-08-2015, 06:52 PM
http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3658&stc=1 The laptop arm to save a little space