PDA

View Full Version : patches

jennywren
16-02-2010, 07:31 AM
I tried to do press some subli patches last night, not even sure if I printed on the tried side, how on earth do you do this and what side do you print on. It stuck both sides and printing was awful. I used a sheet of paper so it would'nt stick to the press but both sides stuck to the paper, read the instuctions I must be soild because I did't get it. help :geek:

bms
16-02-2010, 09:12 AM
I don't know this product, but if it has a glue backing then I'd recommend putting the transfer face down on the patch (which ever sie takes the transfer) and the backing layed on a piece of grease proof paper (not ordinary paper). That will stop the glue from sticking to anything and once it cools down it can then be transfered to the garment.

accdave
16-02-2010, 10:14 AM
I press them glue side down on to the teflon sheet and then the paper on top with another teflon sheet over the top. I used to do it with greaseproof paper but if you didn't get them off hot enough the greaseproof paper stuck to them. Mind you I never did figure out which side of greaseproof paper was greaseproof, one of life's mysteries :D

jennywren
16-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks for that I'm going to try tomorrow as I've had a day off to go the wholesale for diecast cars, the trouble is it is a three hour journay there plus three hours back so I try and make it worth my while, as the cost of fuel is sky high. Selling diecast is a lot easier than dyesub ( no spelling mistakes :lol: ) I would also like to buy some decal paper where would you suggest.

PhoenixRisen
25-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi JennyWren,

For decal paper - look up water-slide transfers on the site here:- http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk If you have a look on my site in the gallery, second page, http://www.phoenixgraphix.co.uk/Extension_Pages/Gallery2.htm there is a model car I put decals, similar to the vinyl on my actual car shown on the first page. If you do use transfers, you should varnish over the top of them to make them fast.

Mal

jennywren
25-03-2010, 11:12 PM
I've had a look at the site and the decal paper looks good, thank you for that