PDA

View Full Version : HELP! how do I cancel a cut job Graphtec CE5000-60

sarahjayne
25-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Set up a multiple cut job & after the first pass the vinyl slipped from under the rollers. I have tried for the past hour to cancel the job - switched everything off, switched computer off, took out leads etc but every time I put the plotter back on it starts the old cut job again. Tried to google it but can't find an answer. Ruining vinyl like there is no tomorrow and of course it has to be done by tomorrow :frown:
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Justin
25-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Just a quick thought....could you remove the blade, switch it on and let the job run until it completes? I assume the job has left the PC and is in the cutters buffer so that would need clearing....can you pause as soon as it switches on?

Justin
25-04-2012, 10:48 PM
http://www.difol.net/products/graphtec/cut/ce5000/CE5000-UM-152-01.pdf

Clears the buffer whilst cutting is in progress...any use?

sarahjayne
25-04-2012, 11:03 PM
that is a great idea - and one I must remember! Finally pressed enough buttons to find "clear buffer". thanks

sarahjayne
25-04-2012, 11:20 PM
that is a great idea - and one I must remember! Finally pressed enough buttons to find "clear buffer". thanks
doh - except it didn't "clear buffer" so doing it your way. Going to be a late one .... sometimes I wish my learning curves weren't quite sooooo steep.lol.

mrs maggot
26-04-2012, 11:04 AM
is there no reset at all, normally you have to go into the multi copy setting and turn it back to 1 - im with justin, if all else fails, take the blade out and let it complete with no vinyl under it at all

gstk
26-04-2012, 11:52 AM
It must be software driven as mine forgets everything as soon as its turned off (Bit like me really )

mrs maggot
26-04-2012, 12:03 PM
It must be software driven as mine forgets everything as soon as its turned off (Bit like me really )

and a lot like me as well - thanks for making me laugh gstk - its bookwork day here :frown:

logobear
26-04-2012, 02:44 PM
On my graphtec I just press the middle button (pause?) - then switch off and it goes away.

sarahjayne
30-04-2012, 12:46 AM
On my graphtec I just press the middle button (pause?) - then switch off and it goes away.

This usually happens too but perhaps it was because the job was a large one. Followed the instructions given and still had no joy. Left overnight & it still went to cut the same job when switched on the next day - took out blade & left it running ( thanks Justin and Mrs M) while I did the school run and that solved it.

Lesson learned. No more trying to cut too many things at once.

nik_decalarama
12-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Our Roland PC-60 does exactly the same, I just switch it off (and the computer) for a few minutes, that tents to clear the buffer.

Anile78
29-11-2023, 09:00 AM
Despite following instructions, a large job caused issues. Left overnight and tried Justin and Mrs. M's advice: removed the blade, left it running. Success! A lesson learned: avoid cutting too many things at once.

Justin
29-11-2023, 09:37 AM
Well, I'm glad an 11 year old post helped you! That shows the power of a forum, a library of refernce info :-)