PDA

View Full Version : pressing plaques

hakuna
27-04-2012, 12:15 PM
hi there i am having a problem pressing 9x12 plaques that i bought from bms when i press the plaques the picture is great but i have what seems like a white water mark right in the middle of the picture i pressed 2 of them and ithey both have the same mark at the same spot, i am pressing them at 200c for 60 - 70 sec, i dont have this problem when doing small 5 x 7 plaques only the larger ones can anyone give me a solution to this.

thanks
malcolm

pisquee
27-04-2012, 01:47 PM
try upping the heat/time - the bigger plaque will dissapate the heat more than the small ones, so will need more heat in your platen and/or time to compensate.

Paul
27-04-2012, 05:01 PM
i would "dry" the plaque a bit :) roast it for few seconds before you print on it. it will get rid of the moisture.

bms
27-04-2012, 06:58 PM
i would "dry" the plaque a bit :) roast it for few seconds before you print on it. it will get rid of the moisture.
Agree here. This is often caused by moisture interacting with the sublimation inks. Press it for 30 seconds and you'll probably see a wet patch around the plaque as moisture is forced out.