PDA

View Full Version : Website software

TonyM
28-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi all,

I am having a website built by a friend of mine.
I built one myself using a package and was not very happy with it.
Apparently it was flash based and google etc saw it as images so words such as personalised, gifts, mugs, shirts etc did not come up in searches as they were not text to google but images? Something like that. Not really my fortee web design. I asked my friend to look and he advised me that the site needs to be HMTL based so that it can go up the rankings.
I know others will know more. But apparently if one cannot highlight the text on their website then the search engines cant either and when people type in words it its meaningless on your site.
Well, he has prepared me a template and now I need to start giving him ideas.
I have a name and a tagline.
What I need to know is what software do people use on their sites for design purposes?
I have looked at sites and one can upload images and text to say a blank mug/shirt and design their own.
Some of the sites look as if this would be mega expensive software as it is very detailed and the customer can change allsorts to get their unique product.
A site would be easy enough to just upload an image to, but I am looking at hopefully being able to allow customers to add text image change colour etc.
Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Tony

mrs maggot
28-04-2012, 12:50 PM
HI tony, there are quite a few posts on this subject in the software section i think, rather than here in the advertising section, grab a cuppa and have a read of peoples experiences

bms
28-04-2012, 12:52 PM
A site would be easy enough to just upload an image to, but I am looking at hopefully being able to allow customers to add text image change colour etc.
Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Tony

I think you might need fairly deep pockets for this. I'm not an expert in this, but from speaking to several that are developing similar approaches the time and effort is significant.

accdave
28-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi all,

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Tony

I rent one of those sites every Saturday night for £1, but it's usually dead in the water by Sunday morning. :D

TonyM
28-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Ah, I never spotted the software section. Thanks Mrs Maggot.
I think Martin is correct and the cost would be OTT.
I guess the best thing would be customers upload a pic and text and then i could e-mail them back what I can offer? Seems a lot of work to do for nothing for all enquiries though if they dont go for it?
Is this what others do?
accdave. I dont get that? Maybe I am too pure. Hmmm?

accdave
28-04-2012, 02:22 PM
accdave. I dont get that? Maybe I am too pure. Hmmm?

Winning the lottery :)

TonyM
28-04-2012, 03:43 PM
aaahh I get it now. Theres me thinking it was some pay ay you view site on a Saturday.
Ooops!

mrs maggot
28-04-2012, 07:36 PM
now now tony - we know where you mind is - gutter boy