PDA

View Full Version : What I'm doing wrong - WOW mugs with streaks?

maxymalny
12-05-2012, 08:37 AM
I was doing 'magic' WOW mugs several times, but only with new delivery from (cut) I have small problems. Some of the mugs are end up with brighter streaks after they cool down. When the mug is hot, everything is great, just when cooling down you can see not all mug change back to black.
I'm pressing them exactly the same like before, 180s 180C. Is it possible that I put to much pressure on them? I do mugs different sizes and the pressure is not always the same (adjust it manually).

I've done 10 mugs, 4 of them where with those stripes/streaks.

Any ideas much appreciated :)

sonywiz
12-05-2012, 10:42 AM
From what i've read on here before, it sounds like they are not cooling down quick enough. So they probably need a quicker way to cool down. (water in a bucket, fan etc. ) But don't take this as gospel as i'm new to this... Some of the pro's on here will confirm or deny this theory. Just trying to help.

bms
12-05-2012, 11:15 AM
I was doing 'magic' WOW mugs several times, but only with new delivery from (cut) I have small problems. Some of the mugs are end up with brighter streaks after they cool down. When the mug is hot, everything is great, just when cooling down you can see not all mug change back to black.
I'm pressing them exactly the same like before, 180s 180C. Is it possible that I put to much pressure on them? I do mugs different sizes and the pressure is not always the same (adjust it manually).

I've done 10 mugs, 4 of them where with those stripes/streaks.

Any ideas much appreciated :)

If the streaks aren't there before you print, but are there afterwards then this sounds like the heat blanket is cooking the mug too much in certain parts - this might be very hot parts on the blanket for instance and similar things have been seen with standard white mugs with streaks/ element marks in the image transferred. You might want to reduce the temp of the blanket to 165/170 as it might be getting too hot and press for the same length of time.

maxymalny
16-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks a lot - I've lowered the temperature to 170C and cut 10s time (now: 170s) and the mug comes up with no marks on. I don't know if it's only coincident, but I will have soon bigger order (50 wow mugs) so will find out for sure :)
I was using fan couple of times and it looks like it doesn't make any difference, so it must be temperature issue.

enabled
21-11-2015, 03:33 PM
I'm also having the same problem :( Any advice?

ArferMo
21-11-2015, 04:49 PM
LOL Probably follow the same advice then.