PDA

View Full Version : B40W Problems

y30man5
21-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi,

I've just bought an Epson B40W and Artainium CIS system and I'm having real problems getting it to work.

On the first nozzle check, the colours were perfect but the black wasn't visible. Did a head clean and the black started to come through but still very poor. Another head clean and the black was better but still very poor. A third head clean and the black was about 75% there but the magenta and cyan started to go. A fourth head clean and the magenta, cyan and yellow are almost completely gone, but the black is good. I did fifth and final head clean and the magenta, cyan and yellow were completely gone, but the black was perfect.

I left it over night because the Artainium instructions say not to do more than 5 head cleans at a time. I've tried again today and after a couple of head cleans, I've managed to get the cyan perfect but the magenta and yellow are not visible at all.

As well as this, I have been told that the cartridges are empty and need changing about 3 or 4 times (sometimes just the black one, sometimes just the colours and sometimes all the cartridges).

The Artainium website doesn't seem to have any techical support for the B40W at all.

Does anyone have any ideas as I have no idea what to do now?

Thanks in advance.

bms
21-02-2010, 05:19 PM
I'd suggest the following - unclip the EasyFlow system and push it VERY firmly back into place. The cartridges should click.
You may not have had them properly inserted especially as you've had to do something about the cartridges being "empty". They should reset automatically and after just 5 head cleans they wouldn't be empty - they might have just moved a fraction in the printer making the red light come on.

You may need to re-prime the cartridges. On the forum you'll find detailed instructions on re-priming - I think I've posted these here.

Once you've firmly reinserted the cartridges and re-primed the system then you should be okay - but post back here if not.

y30man5
21-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Excellent!!! That's sorted it.

Thank you so so so much!

bms
21-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Great :)

For the benefit of others can you post back here whether it was just the cartridges needing to be firmly reinserted or did you need to reprime as well?

y30man5
22-02-2010, 01:14 AM
I had to reprime the cyan and the magenta... the yellow sorted itself out somehow.

I do have another couple of problems now though... :cry:

I'm getting horizontal banding on colours (black is perfect though), despite a perfect nozzle check.

Also the colours are not printing right (don't seem to be anywhere near as bright as they should be), despite using the profile that came with it. The colours produced by my old R265 system were almost perfect, so is the new B40W profile wrong?

y30man5
22-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Actually, ignore that last post with regards to the colours accuracy... it printed a lot brighter and more accurate on the mug.

The banding is still a problem... but I think I had the same problem with my old R265 system when I first got that.

bms
22-02-2010, 07:26 PM
The banding is still a problem

Try increasing the output to best photo to see if this overcomes the banding.