PDA

View Full Version : help - anyone in west cornwall who can do a quick test press for me?

gavtheoldskater
19-05-2012, 06:31 PM
having a run-a-round with a supplier over a mug press thats giving me results with lines, apparently, according to the supplier, its my printer and not the press. i can't see it!

is there anyone in west cornwall with a press that would be willing to press a mug and my transfer, i can bring everything round just need a neutral press to see if it is my printouts.

thanks.

bms
19-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Where abouts are you in Cornwall? We have several customers in the PL and TR postcode area. What's the town your nearest to?

gavtheoldskater
21-05-2012, 12:08 PM
thanks for the reply. i'm near penzance, tr postcode.

bms
21-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Okay thanks. Can you pm me your email address and I can email a couple of customers in the local area and see if they can help.

johnw
21-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Im by St Austell if it helps

gavtheoldskater
22-05-2012, 08:50 PM
thanks martin, i'll send you a pm.

johnw, thanks. i may well get in touch and shoot over. all i literally want to do is run one or two mugs through an independent press to see if the lines that i've been getting are there. if they are, hats off its my printer, if no, its my press.

IanMc
22-05-2012, 11:58 PM
When pressing, do the lines appear in one area of the mug - e.g, bottom, top? Any chance of posting a photo of the issue?

gavtheoldskater
05-06-2012, 12:10 PM
do the lines appear in one area of the mug

aarrrrghhh these damn lines, i'm having nightmares about them now. : )

they are vertical, evenly spaced and appear in the same place on every mug and are only apparent in the blue part of the union jack logo. when you peel off the paper that also has the lines imprinted on it - although fresh off the printer and before pressing its perfect. i even held a printout to a lightbox to examine it, no printer induced lines at all. its really hard to get a decent photo to show whats going on.

anyway i'm sending the jacket back for a replacement this week so we'll see what happens. worst case scenario is that i cut my losses and buy another press from a more reliable seller.

smitch6
05-06-2012, 12:45 PM
if it's only on 1 colour ie the blue i doubt it'll be the blanket
it's more likely to be the printer
the best way for testing is to get some cheap poly material that way you can test to ur hearts content but it doesn't work in a mug press
so if it is a mug press make small images that way you can have a few on 1 mug so save wastage.
you need to rule out things 1 by 1
start with the printer if that prints ok then look at the paper
cheap paper gives horrid results.
and work your way methodically like that

gavtheoldskater
16-06-2012, 08:51 PM
well, to wrap this thread up, johnw kindly pressed a mug for me today and it was perfect. so it would seem it is'nt my printer but the press that is the fault.

thanks to all who've commented or offered advice.

bms
16-06-2012, 08:56 PM
well, to wrap this thread up, johnw kindly pressed a mug for me today and it was perfect. so it would seem it is'nt my printer but the press that is the fault.

thanks to all who've commented or offered advice.
Best of luck getting it sorted out - having seen the mug today then I too would suggest that it is the blanket on your heat press that needs changing. Trust you are now dried out:smile:.

gavtheoldskater
16-06-2012, 09:47 PM
oh yes, who would have thought a rag top would leak so much. don't be surprised to see umbrellas in my next order!

pisquee
16-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Sorry we weren't able to do this for you, we've been flat out busy. Glad it worked out OK, and the printer and inks weren't at fault!

AJLA
17-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Sorry didn't see this post earlier I would have gladly offered you our sweatshop to play in. Glad you got it sorted though.