PDA

View Full Version : Friends and Heat presses do not mix

bassqee
21-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Word of advice, never let friends touch your heat press, mines did and somehow managed to break the centre column!!!

Now i gotta fork out and buy new one (got this one second hand) , least they are paying half of it :)

Colin

mrs maggot
21-05-2012, 10:48 PM
why only half ???

bassqee
21-05-2012, 11:00 PM
because i am too nice to them and i am lucky they can even pay half :)

bigj2552
21-05-2012, 11:17 PM
my friends touched my heat press last week......NEVER again will they touch it lol....IT WAS ON at the time - fingers went - whats this bit do.....sizzzzzzzzle.....lol :biggrin:

looked like the rain man doing the dance in the room lol....i thought it was funny,,,he didnt lol

purpledragon
22-05-2012, 09:55 AM
my friends touched my heat press last week......NEVER again will they touch it lol....IT WAS ON at the time - fingers went - whats this bit do.....sizzzzzzzzle.....lol :biggrin:

looked like the rain man doing the dance in the room lol....i thought it was funny,,,he didnt lol
Theres an important message hidden in here, you are lucky it was a friend or for that fact a friend who doesnt want to sue . Have you got public liability insurance ? even if this is in your own home you need it some one savvy in this field could end up taking you to the cleaners . If i was mr sue at a drop of a hat id firstly be checking you have insurance then id check your risk assesments then id see you in court dont let anyone near your equiptment unless you are well protected

mrs maggot
22-05-2012, 10:01 AM
yep i agree with brett, its a "workplace" and as such needs to be treated as that.

the other thing you guys need to think about is showing a mate how easy all this stuff is to use, and how casually you use it, might get them to think, oh ill have a go at that, and before you know it - you have given yourself competition.

bigj2552
22-05-2012, 11:53 AM
i hear ya guys n girl......

the 2 close friends that come in here ( large office/room ) are not that kind of people lol ( sue or start up )......
No one else gets upstairs - er......unless there blonde with...er.....door on the left hun lol - yeh the magic happens in that room, but that will cost you - that door is free lol :tongue:

public liabitlity isnt needed here folks - dont think you lovely people really know where i live lol.....
its a really small town & everyone knows me - nuff said :rolleyes:

mrs maggot
22-05-2012, 12:54 PM
wow if you are in business without any form of public liability insurance, then you sure are one lucky man

bigj2552
22-05-2012, 01:04 PM
wow if you are in business without any form of public liability insurance, then you sure are one lucky man

why laura ? - i have public liabilty for my other busines but thats dealing with school kids on a daily basis - I HAVE TO !.
This is running from my office at home - NO ONE gets up here...no joe bloggs - no one - apart from some really close friends

saying that - i dunno if the other one would cover this - doubt it - differant type of business

purpledragon
22-05-2012, 01:53 PM
i hear ya guys n girl......

public liabitlity isnt needed here folks -

Famous last words! ok consider this and i do accept its a ridiculas situation but in fairness it could happen.... So your really good friend is touching your shiny press you bought, no harm there your mate wouldnt sue would he ... so as he's looking at it a loose wire touches something it shouldnt theres a big bang your mates dead on the floor and his wife / mother / significant other is none to happy with their loss and is now hot footing it to the soliciters ..... orrrrr the press causes a fire due to bad wireing and some passer by gets injured in comes the soliciter again.. orrrrr your mates looking at the press it falls and breaks his leg putting him out of work someones gotta pay his morgage heres that soliciter again sorry to put a downer on this but i in my past life was a health and safety officer and beklieve me i know stories far more ridiculas than those ive typed above. you dont think you need insurance ???? i hope not good luck !

bigj2552
22-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Famous last words! ok consider this and i do accept its a ridiculas situation but in fairness it could happen.... So your really good friend is touching your shiny press you bought, no harm there your mate wouldnt sue would he ... so as he's looking at it a loose wire touches something it shouldnt theres a big bang your mates dead on the floor and his wife / mother / significant other is none to happy with their loss and is now hot footing it to the soliciters ..... orrrrr the press causes a fire due to bad wireing and some passer by gets injured in comes the soliciter again.. orrrrr your mates looking at the press it falls and breaks his leg putting him out of work someones gotta pay his morgage heres that soliciter again sorry to put a downer on this but i in my past life was a health and safety officer and beklieve me i know stories far more ridiculas than those ive typed above. you dont think you need insurance ???? i hope not good luck !

NOW THATS A BLOODY EYE OPENER :eek:.......99% it wont happen but.....

think i might need to re-consider this one carefully :rolleyes:

bigj2552
23-05-2012, 09:13 AM
business(home) & public liability insurance now got :wink: only cost me £59 for the yr through direct line.
Well worth it after some thought :rolleyes: - just be my dam luck i would get the 1% of the 99% it wouldnt happen :rolleyes:

job done !

next.................

oh i know whats next......grrrr......start of august - mr taxman :rolleyes:
and you cant piss about with these guys - trust me, i had my fingers burnt in the past....very sore to :mad:

bassqee
23-05-2012, 11:00 AM
oh i know whats next......grrrr......start of august - mr taxman :rolleyes:
and you cant piss about with these guys - trust me, i had my fingers burnt in the past....very sore to :mad:

Thats why i have an accountant :)

bigj2552
23-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Thats why i have an accountant :)

i got one to bud for other business ! -
Doing it online is a piece of cake anyway - i just hate doing it !.....and giving them money at end of finacial yr
Besides - there aint just me doing this anyway - 2 heads better than 1 bud !

and....
you learn from past mistakes - trust me on this one !

bassqee
26-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Actually glad they broke it now - got a new press from BMS and it is so much better!!

Paul
27-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Actually glad they broke it now - got a new press from BMS and it is so much better!!

What one did you get?

bassqee
27-05-2012, 12:12 AM
the 30cm by 38cm swing away.

bigj2552
27-05-2012, 01:02 AM
the 30cm by 38cm swing away.

same as the one i got from BMS - cracking little press - ideal to get my feet wet in the world of sublimation ! :wink: