PDA

View Full Version : New Press arrived today - Hope to have a play later

WorthDoingRight
28-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi All,

Finally decided after much deliberation to start my sublimation life with a mug press and save up for a standalone flat press.

So hopefully sometime later today I will try to sublimate a mug and let you all know how it goes.

So watch this space :smile:

sonywiz
28-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Good luck, you'll enjoy it .....eventually :biggrin:

RogerC
28-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Have fun...and exercise patience unless you get the heat/time/pressure settings spot on from the outset.

WorthDoingRight
28-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Well, I doubt things will go right from the start but I have tried to read as much as I can on the principles and techniques and tend to be quite good with technical things. So as they say watch this space.

WorthDoingRight
28-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Well a quick update to my progress. After working out how the refillable cartridges go into the printer (you push them in then lift the lever to lock them in place and then put the door lever plastic bit in to fool the machine) and running through the printer test with ok results I attempted to print on sublimation paper that had not been stored flat so was banana shaped! Needless to say the printer either failed to feed it or jammed on it and then i finally got an image but with some bleed. After messing for a while and changing a few settings I finally got a bleed free image and used that to make my first mug. I followed my mug press instructions except I used a plain mug in the press whilst heating to 180 and then swapped to my sublimation mug where the machine then dropped in temperature to 150 degrees. Now not being too sure I waited for it to re-attain 180 degrees before cooking it for 180 secs (this may or may not be the right method so advice would be useful).

Sorry about the pics, taken in a dark room with no flash and a bit of wobbly hand crept in. Must say I am not unhappy with the outcome.

Dave271069
28-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Looks good, ahhh they always say you never forget your first!

smitch6
29-05-2012, 05:35 AM
well done for breaking ur virginity lol
they look a bit washed out or is that the actual image?

WorthDoingRight
29-05-2012, 09:40 AM
they look a bit washed out or is that the actual image?

Well, I took the photographs handheld in very bad light at very slow shutter speeds so the images are dull. In reality the images are vivid. Still having issues actually getting a decent print to sublimate as the paper seems to curl in a manner that I think rubs against the print head. I need to experiment with setting the paper type a bit to see if a slower printing speed may give better results - the smudging of the image is however inconsistent so perhaps a change of sublimation paper might be a good idea just to eliminate that as an issue. It may also be too much ink is being laid down as the smudging seems to involve the magenta ink more so than the cyan/yellow inks.

sonywiz
29-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Shame you not got a flat bed press, could have popped the paper in that for a few seconds to flatten out. Least you've managed to do something. At first it seems like throwing money away... but then.... ta dah ! keep at it.

RogerC
29-05-2012, 10:24 AM
congratulations on the first production.....it's a nice feeling i'nit.

Listawood
29-05-2012, 10:57 AM
That looks great, well done on first attempt! It is normal that most presses will drop in temperature when you put your mug in to cook as it takes the heat from the heater band. Absolutely right to wait until it comes back up to temperature and then start your cooking time. Temperature and times can be different depending on your printer and paper, we use Ricoh printers with ICC colour profiles and TruPix paper and cook at 200 for about 220 secs and this works well for us. Feel free to message me or give me a call, my direct number is 01485 529796 or email me at kerry.warnes@listawood.com, thanks Kerry.

hughb40
29-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Looks good, ahhh they always say you never forget your first! Trouble is at my age you do start to! Well done WorthDoingRight it is indeed a great feeling when you have created something unique - onwards and upwards :smile:

WorthDoingRight
29-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Shame you not got a flat bed press, could have popped the paper in that for a few seconds to flatten out.

Well I want to buy a flat bed press but wanted the two items standalone and not a combo and money is tight so the mug press came first. Trying to uncurl paper is no mean task it seems. Have to get the wife to iron me some sheets lol Maybe that is not a good idea given that my shirts are full of creases:rolleyes:

The sublimation paper I have is 'imho' not good quality and so have ordered what I hope to be a packet of higher weight paper that might work better. If that fails then will try a packet of the 'good' stuff.

Gelert
29-05-2012, 12:30 PM
I did buy the combi last week but almost wish I hadn't! Not because it's awful, but because I haven't even had a chance to test anything apart from the mug press yet!
Why? because I'm selling mugs already! 20 already gone since the weekend and I have orders for another 11 mugs to do today and 2 people are negotiating having 36 each!
Astounded!
Haven't quite got the colour management right yet but it's not too important for what I'm selling just now so that can wait for a quiet day.
Am off to pay my £10 for discounts right now:)

mrs maggot
29-05-2012, 12:42 PM
looks good, but i will say again, make sure any licenced products you are making designs from are just for test for your household and are not given or sold to anyone WoW is another no no, and again the fines are high

WorthDoingRight
29-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm selling mugs already! 20 already gone since the weekend and I have orders for another 11 mugs to do today and 2 people are negotiating having 36 each!
Astounded!

Well, I am as yet to start my business, I have bought the mug press as a test bed to see what results and whether I can make anything from having it.

Must say that my wife took one look at my first attempt, told her friend and the friend said she wanted 2 mugs after I waved it infront of my webcam lol

Must seriously look at getting a website up and running - ready for the demand to sky rocket :rolleyes:

Gelert
29-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Set yourself up an email account (custommugs@hotmail.com or whatever). Go to someplace like Moo and get stickers done with the email addy on. Make mugs for your wife's friend and put a sticker on the bottom of each. Worth a go at getting your name out there. Don't bother with flyering unless it's targeted. On Facebook? Show your work to your friends there, and make sure to let them know you do custom jobs and remind them that father's day is coming up! You'll get a few orders that way I'm sure. I did just that and got all those orders. Some of my mates went to Bearded Theory festival the other week and I took one of their group photos and stuck it on a mug as a pragmatic test for photo printing. Tagged the people in the photo and all 8 in the picture want one of the mugs! Turns out 2 of my mates run large forums like this and are canvassing their members to see who wants forum merchandise! I've done a couple for my local pub and taking them in tonight. All those mugs out there with a sticker on the bottom. You just never know mate!
Good luck!
(lol - I sound like an expert after about 5 days!)

Gelert
29-05-2012, 12:59 PM
looks good, but i will say again, make sure any licenced products you are making designs from are just for test for your household and are not given or sold to anyone WoW is another no no, and again the fines are high

Fines? Don't they just send out "Cease and Desist" letters in the first instance?
And just out of interest, on your site you sell stuff with the Rolling Stones' tongue logo on it. Is that in the public domain then?

WorthDoingRight
29-05-2012, 01:06 PM

Well, I do not intend to market any mugs with the WoW logo on. I made that for myself and one for my wife (both of us are avid WoW players).

Luckily the friend in question is not a WoW player and wanted plain photo mugs :biggrin:

mrs maggot
29-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Yes you will get a cease and desist notice, but if they feel you have already done significant harm to their brand (whichever brand they have) they can issue you with a fine against the goods you have already sold.

Do you mean the psycho bitch sticker ?? the tongue/mouth for that, artwork purchased from a US site which claims to not be in copyright conflict and i have not had any problems with it.

As i said it is just a warning to others, especially people new to the business - its very easy to show a mug off on facebook with a WoW design on it, and before you know it, its been tagged by 100's of people and is picked up by them. For your own original art facebook and other social sites like etsy are brilliant, although you also have the danger of your artwork being copied by others, which smarts i know.

i know of 2 people now who have lost significant sums of money (far more than the goods they sold) one from ebay and on on their own site, which they linked to facebook - customers put up photos of thier wall murials and vinyl door decorations, and they had a cease and desist from walt disney group and they were also given a fine to pay. the other person was selling football club stuff - mugs, mats etc, and he has lost thousands -

WorthDoingRight
29-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Set yourself up an email account (custommugs@hotmail.com or whatever). Go to someplace like Moo and get stickers done with the email addy on. Make mugs for your wife's friend and put a sticker on the bottom of each. Worth a go at getting your name out there. Don't bother with flyering unless it's targeted. On Facebook? Show your work to your friends there, and make sure to let them know you do custom jobs and remind them that father's day is coming up! You'll get a few orders that way I'm sure. I did just that and got all those orders. Some of my mates went to Bearded Theory festival the other week and I took one of their group photos and stuck it on a mug as a pragmatic test for photo printing. Tagged the people in the photo and all 8 in the picture want one of the mugs! Turns out 2 of my mates run large forums like this and are canvassing their members to see who wants forum merchandise! I've done a couple for my local pub and taking them in tonight. All those mugs out there with a sticker on the bottom. You just never know mate!
Good luck!
(lol - I sound like an expert after about 5 days!)

What great ideas! I used to use was it Able labels for small stickers in the past however I am not sure whether they are still around though. I have my webaddress and a couple of email addresses ready for when I decide to make a go of it.

To be honest I need to sort out my printer issues first before taking on anything for actual sale. I am still not 100% happy with a bit of smudging when printing - but need to spend more time sorting these issues out.

WorthDoingRight
29-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Yes you will get a cease and desist notice, but if they feel you have already done significant harm to their brand (whichever brand they have) they can issue you with a fine against the goods you have already sold.

Do you mean the psycho bitch sticker ?? the tongue/mouth for that, artwork purchased from a US site which claims to not be in copyright conflict and i have not had any problems with it.

As i said it is just a warning to others, especially people new to the business - its very easy to show a mug off on facebook with a WoW design on it, and before you know it, its been tagged by 100's of people and is picked up by them. For your own original art facebook and other social sites like etsy are brilliant, although you also have the danger of your artwork being copied by others, which smarts i know.

i know of 2 people now who have lost significant sums of money (far more than the goods they sold) one from ebay and on on their own site, which they linked to facebook - customers put up photos of thier wall murials and vinyl door decorations, and they had a cease and desist from walt disney group and they were also given a fine to pay. the other person was selling football club stuff - mugs, mats etc, and he has lost thousands -

Well, I doubt that I will post or link anything to facebook that isnt my own work or copyright free. I definately will not be selling controversial items to the public as my main employment would then be in jeopardy and that is if I ever decide to make it into a business - if not all my friends and relatives will be getting mugs from now on

Gelert
29-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Oh Disney! Yep, they are ultra litigious (I think they employ more lawyers than animators these days!). Football clubs are too - which when you hear about their shambolic finances you can well understand:) Blackpool recently confiscated a tonne of stock from someone. But it wasn't even knock-off club merch - it was shirts with the words to fan songs on. Those songs were written by the fans! Not sure of the outcome but I think he's getting his stock back. Very unpleasant though as they struck just before the play-offs when the guy would have made a mint!
I sell some Tolkien related stuff (though nothing lifted from the LOTR films). When I started, I applied for a license. That was over a year ago. They didn't even bother to reply! They probably looked at my figures and thought I wasn't worth the price of a stamp :-) I am planning on trying again this year though, what with the Hobbit film coming out. Also, I use "tolkien inspired in the descriptions and have a disclaimer that it's not and shouldn't be considered official merchndise in any way. Supposedly this makes it more difficult to be sued in the first instance.

As for the lips, found this: © 2009 Rolling Stones & Universal Music Group. All rights reserved But if you've had no problems...

Paul
29-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Just quick one to WDR... You dont need to order paper that wight more.that has nothing to do with transfered picture. Make sure it has descent coating tho. Texprint, trupix or expres are used most i would say...

mrs maggot
29-05-2012, 02:26 PM
yep i know the copyright for the lips as i queried it at the time, so i will stand behind that sticker. it can be a minefield, esp when people sell football logo's on cd's etc on flea bay, also now some of the free fonts use images that are not their own, so i or others tend to pop it up when someone new who may not know shows off work which could land them in trouble.

WorthDoingRight
29-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Just quick one to WDR... You dont need to order paper that wight more.that has nothing to do with transfered picture. Make sure it has descent coating tho. Texprint, trupix or expres are used most i would say...

Well currently using the paper that came with the mug press, it definately transfers the printed image well BUT the printed image is very hit and miss (it is as though there is transfer of residual ink from the print head to areas of the print where it should not be or that the ink is sitting on the paper instead of being absorbed)

I might try printing a test image onto a standard A4 sheet of paper to see it the issue disappears then that might point at the paper being the prime candidate.

WorthDoingRight
30-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Well I finally got a printout that I was reasonably happy with, got it transferred to a mug and it looked great except for one small problem I had forgotten to mirror the image whilst printing :rolleyes:

So if anyone needs an expert in back to front mugs it appears I am the 'nam rof eht boj' :biggrin:

Paul
30-05-2012, 01:56 PM
... And if anyon need mugs printed up side down then iam the man lol :-)

harlequeen
30-05-2012, 02:36 PM
- and I can do upside down and back to front. LOL

Charlie_
30-05-2012, 02:46 PM
and no ones any good at inside out lol

mrs maggot
30-05-2012, 02:47 PM
lol, i now convert to pdf for printing, and save it mirrored, there is also a big sticker on the printer saying "mirror image check" - now all i need is a "level check" for when hubby helps out, he tends to lean to the right on most of his prints lol

WorthDoingRight
30-05-2012, 03:41 PM
lol, i now convert to pdf for printing, and save it mirrored, there is also a big sticker on the printer saying "mirror image check" - now all i need is a "level check" for when hubby helps out, he tends to lean to the right on most of his prints lol

Well thats the joy of this forum, we learn both from our own mistakes and everyone elses. But I can see me having to staple 'mirror image' everywhere until I get the hang of it lol

NASH
30-05-2012, 03:52 PM
i would just go into printer properties and set mirror image in the printing pereferences. that way everything you print will be mirror imaged

Charlie_
30-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Makes a note mirror image at all times for mugsssss

bms
30-05-2012, 07:10 PM
If you're using PowerDriver then the mirror image is a simple tick box which is remembered by the computer. All fine until you come to do a glass chopping board - doh!

WorthDoingRight
30-05-2012, 11:10 PM
If you're using PowerDriver then the mirror image is a simple tick box which is remembered by the computer. All fine until you come to do a glass chopping board - doh!

Well never the one for taking the conventional route and being particularly fond of Brother printers in the past I went down the 'I wonder what this setting does' route of a Brother printer after reading JSR's review, and because for an A3 printer sub £100 it seemed too good to miss.

Trouble is that trying to find the perfect settings for a reliable print has so far eluded me and there is little help available having taken this route.

I am so busy at the moment trying to get everything sorted that I have not put the time I need as yet into finding out.

bms
30-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Well never the one for taking the conventional route and being particularly fond of Brother printers in the past I went down the 'I wonder what this setting does' route of a Brother printer after reading JSR's review, and because for an A3 printer sub £100 it seemed too good to miss.

Trouble is that trying to find the perfect settings for a reliable print has so far eluded me and there is little help available having taken this route.

I am so busy at the moment trying to get everything sorted that I have not put the time I need as yet into finding out.

Indeed support is limited, but that's the situation when you dip your toes into the lesser known printing solutions. You'll be calling on the support of JSR and Paul on this forum - one of whom uses a Brother printer and the other that can develop a profile for you.

Paul
30-05-2012, 11:42 PM
It does not matter what printer you use if you dont have icc or powerdriver is pointless to "try" find best settings as you wont find them.

WorthDoingRight
30-05-2012, 11:56 PM
It does not matter what printer you use if you dont have icc or powerdriver is pointless to "try" find best settings as you wont find them.

I would be happy to find any setting that did not seem to lay a thin streak of black ink as if rubbing against a dirty head on my sublimation paper on dense coloured sections. Colours being incorrect is the least of my issues at the moment. I can see no reason to even attempt profiling it until I can suss out whether this is a printer issue, an ink issue or a paper issue. :frown:

bms
31-05-2012, 08:31 AM
I would be happy to find any setting that did not seem to lay a thin streak of black ink as if rubbing against a dirty head on my sublimation paper on dense coloured sections. Colours being incorrect is the least of my issues at the moment. I can see no reason to even attempt profiling it until I can suss out whether this is a printer issue, an ink issue or a paper issue. :frown:
If its happening with the genuine cartridges installed then it points to the printer. If you're using refillables then it could be the printer or the cartridges.

Charlie_
31-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Strikes brother printer off my list .......

WorthDoingRight
31-05-2012, 09:45 AM
If its happening with the genuine cartridges installed then it points to the printer. If you're using refillables then it could be the printer or the cartridges.

Well I personally think it is more likely to be paper issues as my paper arrived curled up and 'if' the machine feeds it at all I think it curls up when going through and probably touches the print head. The results printing to normal white A4 paper are on the whole much better but a waste of both paper and ink.

WorthDoingRight
31-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Strikes brother printer off my list .......

If everyone struck something off their list when someone else struggled with it I doubt we would be able to buy anything! I can see plenty of posts relating to issues with epson/ricoh printer setups, a load about transfer paper, lots on plotters etc. Somebody has to be a pioneer and start out on the unknown path, like it seems JSR was with Brother printers and we have to expect setbacks following down these paths after him.

Once I get it sorted out (and I will) then it should be fine. Remember unlike a lot on here I have chosen Brother as my first sublimation system so having to learn everything about the process from scratch without prior knowledge of using any other printer - so the curve is steep to say the least.

Charlie_
31-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Well over the years I have used only 3 makes of printers (not for sub) cannon, epson and hp. The cannon was ok but only printed in black as it was that long ago lol. The epsoms good print quality have had 4 of those to date. The hp was not overly good at printing and the ink cartridges i needed to take out a mortgage for. So it would seem I'm an epson man, never had a problem with any of them all the older ones just wore out over time and hard work.

But point taken about what you said, as I have not yet started this.

WorthDoingRight
31-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm an epson man, never had a problem with any of them

Well over the years I have bought a number of printers. I am still using Brother, HP, Epson and Cannon printers and not been disappointed with any.

My reason for buying the Brother (and this is both the first A3 and first Brother inkjet I have owned) was that I liked where the ink cartridges are positioned and because I like to tinker.

I am more than willing to admit defeat if I have to and will then buy a cheap Epson printer for sublimation and use the Brother with normal cartridges for other purposes.

Paul
31-05-2012, 10:40 AM
What is your paper settings at this moment and what paper please :-)

bigj2552
31-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Well I personally think it is more likely to be paper issues as my paper arrived curled up and 'if' the machine feeds it at all I think it curls up when going through and probably touches the print head. The results printing to normal white A4 paper are on the whole much better but a waste of both paper and ink.
.................................................. ...

loading paper into your brother - it HAS to be 100% flat bud - no curls - or it will jam !

and before you put paper in - fan the paper through a couple of times to just to seperate the papers - again, giving you less likely chance of paper jam.

and just so you know bud - i used BOTH my brother 5910's straight out the box - one with the original inks and the other with proper quality sub inks ( not from ebay ).
The results i got were good - without any adjustments - with a few brightness / contrast / hue adjustments, i got slightly better - but for the ultimate finish - Paul on here done a profile for me with exceptional results :wink:

are you gonna be using it for sub work only ? - or is it for just ordinary day to day printing with the original inks ?

if your doing sub work - get the best quality sub paper you can afford bud - tru-pix / tex-print are two of the best - and give outstanding results coupled with good quality sub inks - and Pauls profile of course !

dont give up so soon my friend - these really are great printers for me anyway - so far ! - and yes, i was epson man all my days of computing !

Bison 28
31-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Well over the years I have bought a number of printers. I am still using Brother, HP, Epson and Cannon printers and not been disappointed with any.

My reason for buying the Brother (and this is both the first A3 and first Brother inkjet I have owned) was that I liked where the ink cartridges are positioned and because I like to tinker.

I am more than willing to admit defeat if I have to and will then buy a cheap Epson printer for sublimation and use the Brother with normal cartridges for other purposes.

If you do admit defeat, and don't want to commit suicide, stay away from the head clogging, ink wasting Epson's, it sounds like you will not be using it every day, so just have a love affair with a Ricoh 3300, cheap to run, turn it off for a couple of weeks, go back to it and start printing, you won't do that with an Epson, use tru-pix paper, an icc profile( my one was from TMT), get it set up properly to your design programme, i use photoshop, and you will be producing items as good as anybody, just my opinion, but gained with lots of experience and wasted money.

WorthDoingRight
31-05-2012, 01:47 PM
loading paper into your brother - it HAS to be 100% flat bud - no curls - or it will jam !

and before you put paper in - fan the paper through a couple of times to just to seperate the papers - again, giving you less likely chance of paper jam.

and just so you know bud - i used BOTH my brother 5910's straight out the box - one with the original inks and the other with proper quality sub inks ( not from ebay ).
The results i got were good - without any adjustments - with a few brightness / contrast / hue adjustments, i got slightly better - but for the ultimate finish - Paul on here done a profile for me with exceptional results :wink:

are you gonna be using it for sub work only ? - or is it for just ordinary day to day printing with the original inks ?

if your doing sub work - get the best quality sub paper you can afford bud - tru-pix / tex-print are two of the best - and give outstanding results coupled with good quality sub inks - and Pauls profile of course !

dont give up so soon my friend - these really are great printers for me anyway - so far ! - and yes, i was epson man all my days of computing !

Well to answer both yours and Pauls post before yours, my sublimation paper is as bent as a banana but luckily I think a decent batch has arrived today in the post. Currently best results seem to be using a Brother matt paper profile.

I am away this weekend so will try to play tonight and report back results tonight or tomorrow before I leave using the new batch of paper*. Once I see how that goes then I will hopefully be more enlightened to where the issue may lie.

Like I said this is very early days yet and I have not had a non-working day to sit down and sort the issue out since the printer arrived.

* Seems package was not my paper so going to be next week now for testing :-(

bigj2552
31-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Well to answer both yours and Pauls post before yours, my sublimation paper is as bent as a banana but luckily I think a decent batch has arrived today in the post. Currently best results seem to be using a Brother matt paper profile.

I am away this weekend so will try to play tonight and report back results tonight or tomorrow before I leave using the new batch of paper*. Once I see how that goes then I will hopefully be more enlightened to where the issue may lie.

Like I said this is very early days yet and I have not had a non-working day to sit down and sort the issue out since the printer arrived.

* Seems package was not my paper so going to be next week now for testing :-(

before i got my profile from paul,

media type - plain paper
print quality - BEST
colour mode - vivid
go into advanced - click color settings - tick colour enhancement & bi directional printing & improve pattern printing.
go down to other print options -
tick - improve print quality
advanced colour settings - match monitor
and photoshop manages colours with adobe 1998 profile.
AND MIRROR IMAGE !

This is the settings i used before i got pauls profile - i got not to bad results from it at all......
But i had to have it as near 100% as possible ( i,m a fussy bugger lol ), hence pauls profile

also using good quality sub ink and tru-pix paper ( without the curls :tongue: )

good luck bud & hang in there - took me a while to get to grips with the printer/s
Google search and youtube were my friends for this one - and jonathan/paul :biggrin:

WorthDoingRight
31-05-2012, 05:07 PM
before i got my profile from paul,

media type - plain paper
print quality - BEST
colour mode - vivid
go into advanced - click color settings - tick colour enhancement & bi directional printing & improve pattern printing.
go down to other print options -
tick - improve print quality
advanced colour settings - match monitor
and photoshop manages colours with adobe 1998 profile.
AND MIRROR IMAGE !

This is the settings i used before i got pauls profile - i got not to bad results from it at all......
But i had to have it as near 100% as possible ( i,m a fussy bugger lol ), hence pauls profile

also using good quality sub ink and tru-pix paper ( without the curls :tongue: )

good luck bud & hang in there - took me a while to get to grips with the printer/s
Google search and youtube were my friends for this one - and jonathan/paul :biggrin:

Thanks for these,

Well at least I know you had good results with these settings so more than happy to give them a try if i can find a way to convince the wife that she needs to iron me a shirt for tomorrow along with a few sheets of sub paper lol :biggrin:

bigj2552
31-05-2012, 07:07 PM
also depends on what kind of inks/paper you are using as well bud !!
Your ink/paper might not give you the results i had with those settings.......just so you know:wink:

doesnt mean anything cause 2 people have the same printer - inks/paper/times/temp settings ect are all factors on the outcome of the prints

Hence why you have to get custom profile done for YOUR inks/paper -

all you can do is try !

Paul
31-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Most papers would work on matte settings. But... I remember i had B1100 and texprint paper. I believe sawgrass recommended same settings but on my setup it was to wet. i had smudges and black lines all over the sheet. Normal paper on photo worked better. So no always someone else settings will work for you.

WorthDoingRight
31-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Bigj2552 I owe you big time! With those settings of yours I have now successfully printed 3 nigh on 'perfect' non smeared images onto my 'banana' paper and transferred them to mugs. Thank you so much for posting them and I might suggest somehow if possible they get added to JSR's brother printer forum page also :biggrin:

bigj2552
31-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Bigj2552 I owe you big time! With those settings of yours I have now successfully printed 3 nigh on 'perfect' non smeared images onto my 'banana' paper and transferred them to mugs. Thank you so much for posting them and I might suggest somehow if possible they get added to JSR's brother printer forum page also :biggrin:

great - not a problem bud - thats what this forum is about :biggrin:

glad you got some kind of result - it lifts the spirits a little till you get proper profile sorted out !

jennywren
01-06-2012, 12:52 AM

A small tip that helps with the curling and some of the ink problem, is to cut of the corners of the paper, this stops the paper curling and the ink spreading. I cut all four corners.

Charlie_
01-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Now thasts a tip well worth remembering...