PDA

View Full Version : timings for different mugs

harlequeen
01-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Hi

Up to now I've used mugs from BMS and the timings given with the press and am happy with the results. I now have some mugs from Coralgraph and the images don't have so much 'pop' in my opinion. Do I need to increase the times slightly or is it something else?

Maybe I should just go back to BMS mugs, which I prefer the feel of anyway?

Harelqueen

Paul
01-06-2012, 05:34 PM
what ones you got?
i used 10oz and still use 185C for 190sec.
Looks very vibrant

Justin
01-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Same as Paul, 10oz CG mugs should be very clear :-)

logobear
01-06-2012, 11:14 PM
it could be the mugs, it could be that your element is ageing, - it is always healthy to do a few variations to make sure you are getting the very best from your press.
When we do a run I make a few tweaks and compare.
I think you need to increase time or temp.

JackB
02-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Just go back to BMS, if you was getting a good product and a good service why change.

Jack.

Justin
02-06-2012, 12:23 PM
To try and find a better cheaper product maybe!? Persevere!

harlequeen
02-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I think the answer is probably to bo back to BMS, which I was happy with anyway, but their prices went up and I thought I'd try Coralgraph. The colours on CG mugs are clear they don't seem so 'deep' using the same settings as before. My press is fine as I still have some BMS mugs which I am still using. I was just wondering really if anyone else noticed a significant difference.

Thanks for the input, everyone

Paul
02-06-2012, 03:34 PM
This is 100% normal that difetent blank give diferent results. Try higjer temp. To be honest never noticed diference in end product. Both of them looked great!

Justin
02-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Out of interest, which inks are you using?

bms
02-06-2012, 07:44 PM
I think the answer is probably to bo back to BMS, which I was happy with anyway, but their prices went up

Not guilty m'lady :confused:. The European mug prices haven't gone up years - in fact about 18 months ago they came down once the $ v £ exchange rate improved from rock bottom (although that bottom appears to be coming again...).

harlequeen
02-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Sorry, Martin, I was sure that they had gone up. I had the previous invoice on my desk, but I might have been mistaken, my desk is organised chaos at times. I will be ordering some more from you this month. LOL.

As for inks, I am using Sawgrass inks in the Ricoh 3300, which as a relative beginner, I must say is marvellous. All in all, most of my mugs have come out quite well.

gavtheoldskater
07-06-2012, 06:27 PM
I now have some mugs from Coralgraph and the images don't have so much 'pop' in my opinion

i'm about to go the other way, having only used coralgraph (in my admittedly short, and already somewhat frustrating/interesting sublimation career) i'm going to spend approx 40p more per mug and try some from BMS. hopefully it will be extra cash well spent.

Justin
07-06-2012, 06:31 PM
What problems have you been having with the CG mugs Gavin?

gavtheoldskater
07-06-2012, 07:43 PM
apart from noticing the odd bobble, blemish and slightly mis-shapen handle non at all really, i don't think, its just that i've never used a different mug so am curious.

also i can absorb the little extra cost on products i sell direct and if i do find that the bms ones are better (11oz RN coating i'm looking at) then i'll be happy as we will be selling our own stuff at quite a high end price so quality/feel is important.

gavtheoldskater
15-06-2012, 02:25 PM
ok, bms mugs are here. hav'nt pressed one yet but first impressions are that they definitely feel and look better quality. a little bit heavier, which imho is good as it adds to the 'in the hand' feel the first time a customer picks up, the handle looks a bit more generous and the lip, as i think mrs. maggott pointed out somewhere, is thinner so feels nicer to drink from.

the el grande are a nice manly sized mug too!