PDA

View Full Version : Silhouette Cameo

bigj2552
04-06-2012, 01:24 AM
the software that comes with this machine - is it any good ?

or should i look into other software for it ?

bms
04-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Software that comes as standard is great. You can outline cut around imported images, cut any font any size and you can import dxf vector files. I've used this software now for 6+ years.

Paul
04-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Can you import eps to this software?

bigj2552
04-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Can you import eps to this software?

hey. i was gonna ask that one lol :tongue: - and it would be handy to know !

Paul
04-06-2012, 01:37 PM
yeah! if eps can be imported then you can design in any more advanced software and then print via cameo :)

bms
04-06-2012, 06:15 PM
you can import dxf vector files

dxf only supported import into the software, but I think this is a standard export option for many vector software.

JackB
05-06-2012, 01:02 PM
If you create your design in Corel something else and save as jpg then import into your Silhouette Studio Library. You can open it trace and then convert to Studio software, then you can do whatever with it, Ie: resize, Rotate, reshape or anything else that can be done with the Silhouette designs. Then you can send it to cut.

Jack

Paul
05-06-2012, 01:23 PM
yeah. but this mean job need to be done twice. I am not big fan of tracing method. Only as a last resort.

bigj2552
09-06-2012, 03:18 AM
@Martin(BMS) - can you get the PRO version of the software for the silouette ?
i seen the cameo for sale somewhere else with the option to "upgrade" the software to the pro version that does rhinestones and various other features as well for extra £24-29.....just cant remember where i seen it..

you could even fire it in with the cameo as a wee extra brucy bonus for buying it - hint hint :tongue:

JackB
09-06-2012, 12:13 PM
i seen the cameo for sale somewhere else with the option to "upgrade" the software to the pro version that does rhinestones and various other features as well for extra £24-29.....just cant remember where i seen it..

you could even fire it in with the cameo as a wee extra brucy bonus for buying it - hint hint :tongue:

I have the pro version of Silhouette Studio, and it doesn't load or import .eps files.

Jack.

bigj2552
09-06-2012, 02:20 PM
I have the pro version of Silhouette Studio, and it doesn't load or import .eps files.

Jack.

so what does it do jack ? - over and above the "normal" version ?

would be intresting to know bud :tongue:

does it have ANY rhinestone facility on it ?

bms
09-06-2012, 03:55 PM

This is available to download at:
http://www.graphtecgb.co.uk/shop/show_product.asp?product=20111110110100_GRAPHTEC_7 055&category=20111026113001_GRAPHTEC&menulevel=

Tell you what - we will sell the Cameo at RRP and give the upgraded software free of charge. How about that???

Both the basic and the Pro versions will import DXF format files which you can export from other vector software and CorelDraw.

neilb
09-06-2012, 07:55 PM
You can print and cut with the silhouette cameo directly from coreldraw or AI using the cutwizard plugin (http://www.hobbyplotter.de/download/content/index.php?id=43).

JackB
09-06-2012, 08:18 PM
so what does it do jack ? - over and above the "normal" version ?

would be intresting to know bud :tongue:

does it have ANY rhinestone facility on it ?
This link explains it all:
http://silhouetteamerica.com/silhouetteStudioDE.aspx

I couldn't tell you how it compares to any other software as I am new to vinyl cutting myself and this is the one we bought with the machine.
If you google up on Martin's (BMS) offer of upgrade free at basic price for Cameo:
http://www.printerowners.co.uk/hardware-equipment/564/silhouette-cameo-cutter-plotter.htm
I think you will find it is a good offer.
Jack.

bigj2552
09-06-2012, 08:22 PM
This is available to download at:
http://www.graphtecgb.co.uk/shop/show_product.asp?product=20111110110100_GRAPHTEC_7 055&category=20111026113001_GRAPHTEC&menulevel=

Tell you what -we will sell the Cameo at RRP and give the upgraded software free of charge. How about that???

Both the basic and the Pro versions will import DXF format files which you can export from other vector software and CorelDraw.

you cant blame a guy for asking now - can you ? :tongue: - and anyhoooo - you will be getting the sale of it when i,m ready :wink:

bigj2552
09-06-2012, 08:40 PM
thanks jack for link....

while i,m here - does BMS sell the transfer tape/paper - that sticky stuff to take off your vinyl after you weed it,so you can apply it to your garment.....
i couldnt see it - unless i,m looking at something else.

Take it MDP is the place for that stuff then ?

bms
09-06-2012, 08:42 PM
you cant blame a guy for asking now - can you ? :tongue: - and anyhoooo - you will be getting the sale of it when i,m ready :wink:
how much you want martin to "upgrade" to the pro version bud ?

The price of the Cameo as standard is on our website (linked to by JackB). The RRP of the Cameo is £25 +vat more than we sell for. The upgrade software is £24.99 +vat. So if you're happy to pay the RRP of the Cameo, I'll include the upgrade software free of charge :)

Or you can buy the Cameo from us at the price on our website and buy the upgrade software for £24.99 +vat. Swings and roundabouts, swings and roundabouts!

bms
09-06-2012, 08:48 PM
thanks jack for link....

while i,m here - does BMS sell the transfer tape/paper - that sticky stuff to take off your vinyl after you weed it,so you can apply it to your garment.....
i couldnt see it - unless i,m looking at something else.

Take it MDP is the place for that stuff then ?

I think you're talking cross purposes here.

Vinyl application tape is used for vinyl. Vinyl is a sticky backed material for application to cars, windows etc and needs the application tape to lift it off the backing sheet for applying to the window.

Garment "vinyl' is called Flex and this comes on its own backing which remains until the garment has been pressed. You don't use vinyl application tape for flex.

We do sell vinyl, flex, flock and vinyl application tape, weeders, squeegees

bigj2552
09-06-2012, 08:55 PM
I think you're talking cross purposes here.

Vinyl application tape is used for vinyl. Vinyl is a sticky backed material for application to cars, windows etc and needs the application tape to lift it off the backing sheet for applying to the window.

Garment "vinyl' is called Flex and this comes on its own backing which remains until the garment has been pressed. You don't use vinyl application tape for flex.

We do sell vinyl, flex, flock and vinyl application tape, weeders, squeegees

aye - still learning lol......

what the stuff in the video martin ?
user puts it on top to pull off vinyl - then transfers it to something else ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDhoxUNnPtU

go to 1.14mins to see what i mean bud...
This stuff is still way new to me - will get there, as i did with sublimation lolhttp://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/images/smilies/tongue.png

i take it thats what i highlighted in bold ?

and you sell the accessories as well...great !

will be going for a july purchase me thinks bud - play it by ear...

bms
09-06-2012, 09:08 PM
aye - still learning lol......

what the stuff in the video martin ?
user puts it on top to pull off vinyl - then transfers it to something else ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDhoxUNnPtU

go to 1.14mins to see what i mean bud...
This stuff is still way new to me - will get there, as i did with sublimation lol:tongue:

i take it thats what i highlighted in bold ?

and you sell the accessories as well...great !

will be going for a july purchase me thinks bud - play it by ear...

This is a vinyl (sticky backed) and could be applied to anything smooth like Cameo cover, plastic, metals but not to garments. Some vinyls can be printed (one in video is inkjet, but you can get laser vinyl and solvent vinyl).