PDA

View Full Version : Which T Shirt?

michaelc
06-06-2012, 09:44 PM
I know, there'll be as many answers as there are T Shirts, lol. I'm getting myself well and truly confused trawling through old threads.

I want to start initially with T Shirts printed with a subli-flock logo and then move on to polos. I want a reasonable quality garment that will still look the part after many dozen washes. A few years ago I bought some Jerzees 180 Ts and 539M polos. I wear them daily for work and they've had hundreds of washes and still look not bad, although the red Ts have faded somewhat. Now that I'm doing costings the Jerzees look a little pricey, at least on the sites where I can access prices (hoping to get registered with BTC and Elms & Elms tomorrow to see their prices). Any thoughts on what will stand up to many washes without excessive shrinkage and fading for not too much money?

Ta

accdave
06-06-2012, 09:54 PM
I know, there'll be as many answers as there are T Shirts, lol. I'm getting myself well and truly confused trawling through old threads.

I want to start initially with T Shirts printed with a subli-flock logo and then move on to polos. I want a reasonable quality garment that will still look the part after many dozen washes. A few years ago I bought some Jerzees 180 Ts and 539M polos. I wear them daily for work and they've had hundreds of washes and still look not bad, although the red Ts have faded somewhat. Now that I'm doing costings the Jerzees look a little pricey, at least on the sites where I can access prices (hoping to get registered with BTC and Elms & Elms tomorrow to see their prices). Any thoughts on what will stand up to many washes without excessive shrinkage and fading for not too much money?

Ta

If you are confident enough for the Jerzees to maintain the quality after dozens of washes then why not offer them at a premium price compared to a Gildan or FOTL, which are the cheapest and I doubt if anybody would expect them to not show some degradation after many dozens of washes.

Our basic offerings are FOTL Valueweight and Gildan Ultra. Personally I prefer the Gildan but some people like a thinner shirt. In a town with Poundshop mentality we don't need a better shirt than those 2.

michaelc
06-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Thanks for that thought, accdave. Many buyers seem to think FOTL a good garment, probably because they've heard of them. I tried a few at the same tine I bought the Jerzees and they were much poorer. Like in most most things, I suppose you get what you pay for.

mrs maggot
07-06-2012, 12:24 AM
FOTL depends on which grade you go for, you get what you pay for in the end, gildan are fine also

AJLA
17-06-2012, 08:34 PM
We have been using FOTL for many years but only the super premium, more recently the Gildan too.

gorgall2
18-06-2012, 01:58 AM
I use mainly Gildan and FOTL.