PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

Chas
07-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Hi I'm in need of a little help I am currently using my new rhico printer and giving it a test drive today putting image onto a mug but the colours have come out very pale can any one help x

Justin
07-06-2012, 07:32 PM
What paper are you using? Time and temp of your press....and pressure?

Chas
07-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I am using xpress Subli paper firm pressure used press at 180 degrees for 3.5 mins as I did with old printer I have also tried it at 190 degrees for 4.5 mins with no difference Martin at BMS suggested 180 degrees for 2 mins but the result came out lighter in colour very clear print but pale all been done without altering pressure x

Justin
07-06-2012, 07:44 PM
The Ricoh do print with lower times as Martin has indicated. Epson etc. tend to print for 3 mins at that temp so I think you're overcooking. Obvious questions out the way......are you printing onto the whiter side of the paper? Are you getting a perfect nozzle/test print? Have you printed anything else or do you just have a mug press?

Chas
07-06-2012, 07:51 PM
I have placed whiter side of paper down in tray hope that's right!! Lol haven't tried flat press as yet printer is brand new and print seems fine the less time I press for the paler it is x

WorthDoingRight
07-06-2012, 11:19 PM
I have placed whiter side of paper down in tray hope that's right

Well on the Ricoh I believe it is face down in the tray. Once you have pressed the image what is left on the paper? I know that very little remains of the image after I have pressed. Are you sure also that you have the mug pressed tight enough in the press?

I am sure the problem has a simple solution.

bms
08-06-2012, 08:47 AM
I am using xpress Subli paper firm pressure used press at 180 degrees for 3.5 mins as I did with old printer I have also tried it at 190 degrees for 4.5 mins with no difference Martin at BMS suggested 180 degrees for 2 mins but the result came out lighter in colour very clear print but pale all been done without altering pressure x

Are you printing through PowerDriver? When you go to print, which printer do you select - can you please post back the exact wording of the printer you are using...

JackB
08-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Are you using Sawgrass ink?

Jack.