PDA

View Full Version : Which vinyl cutter to buy? also for contour cutting

jimsters
14-06-2012, 01:48 AM
hi

im looking for a vinyl cutter. id like it to be able to do various jobs and be on the cheaper end of the scale.
i would only be using it occasionally and not for full time work.

1. id like to be able to contour cut around printed images.
im told by a supplier that this can be done with cutters that dont have an optical eye if you use flexisign or signgo pro.
is this true and how good is this compared to a cutter that has an optical eye?

2. id like to be able to cut out a larger area where possible to make it more userful.

i could get the Silhouette Cameo Cutter Plotter which will do 12" sheets with an optical eye for about £270,
however it is limited on what sizes it can cut

or i could get a Liyu without an optical eye that will do 28" on a roll for about the same price here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PERFECT-PROFESSIONAL-VINYL-CUTTER-CUTTING-PLOTTER-710MM-/190568632778?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c5ec691ca#ht_9109wt_1303

i know the Chinese optical eyes dont really do anything, but id prefer to get the bigger cutter for the same price if i can still contour cut with software.

can anybody advise on the cutters without an optical eye?

vicsign
18-06-2012, 09:13 AM
If you want to contour cutting function, you should have the optional eye. and only signcut and Flexi software have such function. you think Chinese optional eye doesn't work because you have got the cheap and low cost vinyl cutters. Details I can show you the video on the contour cutting..