PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know this press

Charlie_
14-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Does anuone on here know any thing about this make of press

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280898087760&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123&autorefresh=true

I bought it on a whim , and am picking it up tomorrow.

Charlie

Paul
14-06-2012, 09:55 PM
not bad for the price I think. let us know if any good.

Charlie_
14-06-2012, 09:57 PM
not bad for the price I think. let us know if any good.

Will do Paul, you dont know the make do you its a 40x40 plate..

Paul
14-06-2012, 10:00 PM
nope. its look like chinese construction to me as there is shed loads of them on the market right now...

Charlie_
14-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Ah ok thanks Paul, had to bid on it when i saw it finishing on ebay at that price, also got an epson D92 css and 4 half full bottles of sub ink from same person... for £40 it was just to iresistable not to bid on if you know what i mean

Paul
14-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Hell yeah! cant blame you :)

harlequeen
14-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Almost bid myself, but too far for me to have collected.

Charlie_
14-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Almost bid myself, but too far for me to have collected.

about 14 miles from me here, hence when i saw it it was just to iresistable lol, printer and press along with a load of ink and a css all under 120.00

WorthDoingRight
15-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Well, I have finished renovating the T-shirt press I acquired a couple of weeks back - had to replace the majority of the wireing as it had I imagine been eaten through by mice/rats. I have however fired it up and it seems to heat up ok. All I know is it is built like a battleship out of what appears to be steel the thickness of angle iron and is of a design I have not come across on the web as yet. The bottom platen is fixed but the heated plate moves up like the swing presses but then the whole unit slides back on rails so the press is quite long having to travel at least 40 cms back. The temperature is controlled by an anlogue knob (no fancy digital display) and the timer is the same but goes up to only 25 secs and then screams at you (almost certain I will disable that buzzer). No idea of the age but as it came free I am not complaining and it looks quite neat painted in silver hammerite :smile: Next job will be to either buy some mouse mats or a quick trip to find a cheap white polycotton tee-shirt to try sublimating on.

Anyway I hope your press works fine also.

Charlie_
15-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Well the lady selling it says it does, but will find out this evening after picking up both items and the ink.

Charlie_
20-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Well Paul

Picked it up, works great, it is Chinese. I have only tried it however with cheap transfer paper and ordinary ink jet ink. But have to say that I am rather pleased with the end results. I do wonder how many washes said transfers will last mind. At the moment they are on second warm wash.

Charlie