PDA

View Full Version : Heat press wont meet lower platten...

asub
16-06-2012, 07:13 PM
hello,
I have had my heat press around a year and have noticed that over time, the front of the press cannot be used. The upper platten when closed, meets at the back but not at the front. There are lots of bolts. Is there a way of tightening this up? I have tried but nothing seems to happen. I have looked on the internet but cannot find an answer.

I have attached an image of one which is the same as mine.1056bigger image here: http://www.heatpress.com.cn/en/productDetails.asp?id=518

I have a clam shell, generic/ not branded.

I don't mean to be rude but I would just love some information on how I can correct it. I am not looking to hear about how I should only buy this brand or that brand and that I have made the wrong decision. I plan on keeping this one as long as I can. I bought it to start up my business so had to get something cheap. When I can afford it I will upgrade.

Thank you
A

bms
16-06-2012, 07:46 PM
I think this is a difficult question to answer without seeing angles of your press, but is anything bent, is the space between each adjuster bolt the same, is the base platen movable, if you increase pressure does it clamp properly?...

asub
16-06-2012, 08:46 PM
I have had a look at the adjuster bolts and you can see there is an angle front to back. I have adjusted them and whichever way I do them it seems to not correct it at all? I am trying to get you a photo but my camera needs to charge so will get you one as soon as I can.

is anything bent? Not that I can see
is the space between each adjuster bolt the same? It isn't now. Before I moved them just now they were level side to side but back to front the back was lower. I have measured the front when the back is touching the lower platen and there is around 7mm gap. I cant measure the angle as I don't have a protractor.
is the base platen movable? Spirit level says base platen is level and does not seem movable.
if you increase pressure does it clamp properly? Yes but very tight at the back so not usable.

If I just need to play around with the bolts (i know this may sound stupid...) can you give me a detailed description of what to do as there is an upper and lower bolt and i'm not sure what way i'm supposed to turn them

Thanks
A