PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Ridge

AJLA
18-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Any one else used any of the hoodies from here?

Yet another disaster for us in the run up to the Royal Cornwall Show, the wash test on the black Campus hoodie with the cream waffle hood and the cream pull cords on the hood on a cold wash....all the colours ran into the hood so unsaleable for us. These 105 hoodies had also been printed on by the way.

We now need to source a decent black hoodie which can survive being used and washed as you would expect. Of course black will fade eventually but for example, I have found in my experience that the AWD hoodies in black are cr**p (pardon the use of word but frankly it's the only one I have for this garment) after one wash they turn a greenish/brown colour.

Anyone else find this? Or am I seriously going through a bad luck stage?

Now, as I was typing this dad was on the phone with Cotton Ridge who immediately offered to collect and replace the hoodies without question, which is great but I belive they should be responsible for paying for the printing, am I expecting too much?

Yor thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Mandy

AJLA
18-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Just to update you although Cotton Ridge are collecting the garments tomorrow for replacement, they will not be held responsible for the printing costs, apparantley its in the terms and conditions.

letsgo
18-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Whoops never had a problem with cotton ridge before in fact just reccomended them to someone.
Have you tried the SG ones from BTC we sell loads and never had a compliant,we also sell a few Gildan.
As for print cost I would say is the problem a production fault on there side and that the colours have never ran before,if so they should be liable but if you haven't done a test wash before print then that leaves it open .

jennywren
18-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear that, that flipping small print gets us all the time, it not bad luck but time which is against you, and small print and time does makes us feel stressful so take take of yourself and try to breathe Once again really sorry to hear that.

mrs maggot
18-06-2012, 11:15 PM
every manufacturer i know will not be responsible once the garment has been printed / embroidered on. we have switched to gildan hoodies, and they are staying black i agree with AWDI they are pure sh*te, and went a terrible as you say greenish brown colour - apparently they have changed dye, but i am loathed to change back now we have a good result with the gildan - they also size nicely some companies that talk of a 3XL are only infact the same size as a gildan 2XL

AJLA
19-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Yep that small print...does anyone read it I wonder.
We always do wash tests after they have been printed on testing both at the same time, in fact several times before we sell. Will have to change that I suppose.
Now to go n get some other samples, thanks for the suggestions folks.

jennywren
19-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Did they run when you did the test, no I nerve read the small print, most of the times it literally is small for me to read

AJLA
19-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Too small for me too jennywren.

The colours run so badly you would not believe it, I think they may have had a lot of complaints.