PDA

View Full Version : Black Image Printing Red???

Benntec
03-03-2010, 12:30 PM
HELP

got an order to do and the image is black but fades out to grey/white at the bottome of the image. However when i print it out the faded part is more red than white/grey

Any suggestions..

Did a print head clean etc etc all seems fine.

lucozade
03-03-2010, 03:17 PM
thats sounds like what happened to us once, pressure or heat could be the key.

lucozade
03-03-2010, 03:18 PM
thats sounds like what happened to us once, pressure or heat could be the key.

meant to say try more of both, if the image is right on the paper then it should print right

Benntec
03-03-2010, 03:57 PM
No i think its a printing issue. when it prints out its already got the red tinge. so its going from black to red instead of black to white/grey.

Ive not played around with any settings..it was working fine yesterday

Im stumped.

Paul
03-03-2010, 05:27 PM
what settings u using please?

bms
03-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Double check the settings haven't changed in PhotoShop or in the Printer Control Panel. Check in particular that "perceptual" is set in the print preview section before you go to print from PhotoShop.

Benntec
30-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Must apologise for not replying. I had to figure a way round the problem and get the order completed asap. Since then its been a bit busy and i've totally forgot to check my posts. Sorry. :oops:

The problem is still there i think, Ive not had a chance to print anything that fades into two colours.

My set up is Epson 1400 printer, 'Corel Draw', Artainium inks, Icc Profiles supplied by Xpres.

Cheers

Justin
30-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Have you asked Xpres to dial in to your PC and check all settings?

stuart
30-03-2010, 11:56 PM
i had the same type of problem
xpres told me to install the orignal carts back in the printer and do a head clean,the orignal carts contain cleaning fluid.
another problem could be that you are down on one of the inks if this is the case the printer will use another colour to try and produce the colour you are after.
hope this helps
stu 8-)

Benntec
31-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Have you asked Xpres to dial in to your PC and check all settings?

Nope did'nt even know they could do that. Impressive. 8-)

Stuart, i believe at the time my Cyan ink was low. All inks are full again so i will do a test print and see.

Cheers!
Benn

Justin
31-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Sure, speak to their tech support dept. They're even on man.

They'll give you a number and you go to their website and they'll tell you where to put it, they then have full control and will check all of your settings.

No matter how many times you set up it's still easy to miss something, often profile related.