PDA

View Full Version : Which Mug Press?

JHP
24-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Hi Everyone!
I am new to this business and have been looking at many mug presses. Can anybody advise on a press that would be suitable for production runs on 73mm china mugs and 10oz mugs?
BMS have a DF2 @ for £222 inc VAT (with second blanket-6oz) and Listawood trade supplies have a Multi-Mug Press which looks identical to me for £420 inc VAT. (with no second blanket) Am i missing something or is the price outrageous?
Has anybody got this model?
Does anybody use the Coral4 from Coralgraph or any of the models on Ebay?
Thanks

bms
24-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum :). I may be accused of being biased if I commented, so I won't, but the DF12 will do the thinner mugs as well as the standard mugs.

JHP
24-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi Martin,
Can you supply the DF1 with just the 6oz blanket as i believe it will do the china mug and a 10oz mug? Correct me if i am wrong...
Also, can you supply a bone china mug with straight sides?
Thanks

Justin
24-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the forum, I'll move your question into a more suitable section.

I've used Adkins Studio mug press as my main press for 10oz mugs last few years and for me nothing comes close.

Justin
DSF Admin

JHP
24-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks Justin!
The Adkins looks solid and robust but is a liitle over budget at the moment.

bms
24-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Hi Martin,
Can you supply the DF1 with just the 6oz blanket as i believe it will do the china mug and a 10oz mug? Correct me if i am wrong...
Also, can you supply a bone china mug with straight sides?
Thanks

The 6oz blanket won't do a 10oz mug. The 10oz mug (Durham, European etc) is normally a standard mug and is almost the same as an 11oz mug (chinese name for a standard mug although usually a little taller and more pronounced handle). We don't supply a bone china mug - we have fine china mugs but these have a fluted top to them.

gavtheoldskater
12-09-2012, 08:16 PM
i have a bms one, very happy with it and customer service second to none. definitely recommended.

benwilliamson
14-09-2012, 02:25 PM
We have used the BMS ones in the past and had good results.