PDA

View Full Version : GREEN BLACKS

AJLA
03-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Attempting to print a porcelain mug this morn (wasted 3) of a person whos brown hair came out green with a cyan tinge around the edges, performed the usual nozzle check etc and all fine, thankfully my final mug was fine but have no explanation for the peculiar symptoms of this job. Anyone seen this before?
By the way I also printed other items at the same time with no problem.

chongsta
05-03-2010, 10:50 PM
aha! the green-black :)

dont worry its a common problem - large format printing! i can answer you for that and it might help but it wont solve.

The problem is that even though you have a black ink cartridge, your printer will use the cyan,magenta,yellow and a little black to make the colour! sounds crazy i know. it drove me nuts for 2 months whilst trying to figure it out. i print for a lot of photographers and they always want black and white prints. Things is i was getting a green cast to the print even though on my PC the image was B/W.

The answer finally came when Roland made a ICC profile called Density Control which told the printer to only use the black cart when the file was saved as a Greyscale image.

For your problem (I assume you're using a desktop printer) i cant really help but ive tried to explain how you get a green cast to your blacks.

i too would like to know how to print better blacks in the RGB world as opposed to the CMYK land that i live in. It has to be a an ICC profile.

sorry i cant help, but at least you know why now!

cheers
Dave.

Paul
06-03-2010, 09:13 AM
green cast sometimes showing up when mug is under cook. so it need bit more time/preasure.