PDA

View Full Version : pr600 usb card reader

jennywren
20-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I have brought the pre- design 8 which came with it a usb card reader, you need this to use the programme. On the Brother site it had for sale the usb card readers on their own, I want to install the pre-design 8 on at pc at work and was thinking of buying another usb card reader, will this work. As far I can see its not a dongle. I can't afford to buy the pre- design 8 again but need to have this at home and work with out carting the usb card reader to and from, apart from that the other designer needs to do other things while I want to work. Can anybody help.

Stitch Up
20-10-2009, 06:32 PM
I think the proof of the pudding will be in the eating - suck it and see.

jennywren
20-10-2009, 10:43 PM
I am going to telphone Brother tomorrow and ask about the usb card reader, will let you know the outcome, thanks for your help, but I am looking forward to other people joining in this section as we need more imput, as I at this present time can't help anyone being a novice as unlike sub-dye the embroidrey machine seem to vary so much that it's like going in blind. But there is always a bright side, I'm phone the company tomorrow and ask them to either come down or we go up and have a day with them learning. They hold classes. Will let you know how I get on.

jennywren
24-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I did ask but it was just a card reader, I'm still waiting for the company to hear if they can give lesson on how to use the software, it seems that they don't use the pre design 8, why do these companys sell these things with out back up. I'm going to find another embrodrey forum to see if there is someone down my part of the world that can help. Is there another programe that I can use that won't cost a arm and leg. I have broght threads and just have to find a company that supplies polo shirts and caps.

Stitch Up
24-10-2009, 11:25 PM
just have to find a company that supplies polo shirts and caps.

Try Prestige Leisure HERE (http://www.prestigeleisure.com/home.asp)

There's video tutorial for PE Design 8 HERE (http://www.artistitch.com/cdbook_v8.htm)

DaveM
25-10-2009, 06:04 AM
Is there another programe that I can use that won't cost a arm and leg.

I have been using a Brother PR620 for the last 18 months, which is basically the same machine as yours but with a few additions.

Not sure on the current UK price, but I have been also using Floriani Embroidery Suite Pro which was about £600 for the complete
version with all the modules. It has been quite easy to learn for a beginner and has progressed in features along with my ability.

It now comes with workbooks, online forum and webinars and can be used in easy or advanced mode. There is still quite a learning
curve but nothing like trying to learn PE Design software. It has a feature called save2sew which looks at your design and then asks
questions on garment material being sewn to, if it was partly auto digitized by the software, was it a purchased design etc, and then it applies
push/pull compensation and stitch density s, underlay settings automatically. 95% of the time it gets it perfect.

www.florianisoftware.com/products/ (http://www.florianisoftware.com/products/)*/*/6880

I have it running on 2 machines and Floriani were happy with that

Hope it helps, but feel free to ask, I remember the frustration

regards

Dave M :D