PDA

View Full Version : sub dye t.shirt very silly question

jennywren
03-03-2010, 05:10 PM
I pressed my first t.shirt yestady supplied by bsm, it printed really well but for one thing which I must of pressed to hard and left a imprint of the press, apart from not applying that much press is there any thing else I can do. If that all there is how can I tell how much pressure to put on. :?:

Andrew
03-03-2010, 06:44 PM
I always used to get press marks on clothing but I just found it part of the process. Once washed or ironed it comes out good as new. Now and then we used to just give a quick press in a few different positions (the shirt not me) which made it less obvious. I guess it's just like iron only part of the shirt which then shows up the rest. If it is any more complicated I'll let someone else give there ideas as I hate clothing and presses........ got some bad memories of vinyl.

bms
03-03-2010, 08:57 PM
supplied by bsm
That driving school gets everywhere these days :)

The press marks are part of the process but as Andrew says, pressing the rest of the t-shirt makes it look less obvious.

Justin
03-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I gave up on subli shirts years ago because I hated the press marks around the image. That said, I pressed my first Vapor shirt recently and the lines were hardly visible, so much so that I plan on having another crack at it. Maybe it's because the shirts are thinner, I'm not sure yet. I used to use Xpres and NovaChrome shirts which were much thicker.

accdave
03-03-2010, 10:02 PM
I gave up on subli shirts years ago because I hated the press marks around the image. That said, I pressed my first Vapor shirt recently and the lines were hardly visible, so much so that I plan on having another crack at it. Maybe it's because the shirts are thinner, I'm not sure yet. I used to use Xpres and NovaChrome shirts which were much thicker.

I agree about the Vapor shirts. I use them and Xpres shirts and prefer Vapor.

One tip is to just give the shirt a little sideways stretch when you finished pressing. It does help a bit to get rid of the mark.

John G
03-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Can you tell me who stocks the vapour t shirt range.

accdave
03-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Transfer Press

AJLA
04-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Always use the vapour range now, although more expensive but look mor like a normal t shirt rather than the subli ones.

Unfortunately I don't sell a lot of them, thank goodness we sell a lot of cotton ones!

jennywren
04-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Is there any you can spray on a normat t.shirt that you can subdye on. If so is it worth while doing. Up to know I have only seen four colours to subdye on,

Justin
04-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Never heard of anyone succesfully coating to dye-sub, more trouble than it's worth I think.

Obv. you need a light colour. You can get pastels and ringers (different sleeve/cuff colours) but there is a limit.

jennywren
04-03-2010, 11:49 PM
thanks for that I won't waste any more on the spray and give it a miss :D