PDA

View Full Version : marks on paper

jennywren
03-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Three weeks ago I had a piece of paper in the printer, which I had to pull out used a bit of force its a R265 but now even after a head clean , nozzel check the rollers seem to leave faint red and black drag marks. Has anybody know what this is. I have put tissue to see there is ink down by the rollars but nothing, in fact no ink anywhere, . Its been three weeks and it still there, has any body any ideas what it is. I can buy another R265 for £59.00 but I really love to try anything before I buy again. Mind you I have just topped the ink up and thats when it really started to show. Is it the paper pulling or topping of the ink thats doing this. :?

bms
03-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Have you tried wiping the rollers with window cleaning solution, such as windolene? This might clean whereas a tissue wouldn't.

jennywren
03-03-2010, 11:25 PM
I did wonder which part is the roller, not being :geek: tec I sort of guessed, do you mean the pink windolene or the spray windolene.

bms
04-03-2010, 08:55 AM
I'd use the spray - on a piece of cloth.

jennywren
04-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Its on the cogs so I'm going to clean them tonight, you can see the tram lines down the paper, if this fails I'll change over to the new printer (R265) as we hope to have a few orders in the pipeline and need to have things running ticky boo. But I will take in printer to be cleaned as I do love the R265, and keep that one up for backup. (If they can cleaned it)

Images On
08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi I am using a new Epson 1400 printer bought in January. I am trying to print some images for mugs and T-shirts, the printer pads inside have been cleaned to remove any ink. When the prints exits the front of the printer there is a line of dark ink along the leading edge about 5mm in, sometimes just on the right hand side if I doing mugs but also along most of an A4 if I am doing T-shirts.
I am using artainium CIS and truepix paper. High Speed is off in the print driver as I was getting banding even with good nozzle check and head alignment done.
If I put plain paper or card through the printer and print the same images using the same settings I don't get any marks!
Truepix paper does have a curl on the edges out of the box which I have to bend out before printing but the paper does not seam to catch anywhere as it does through the printer.
Any help to solve this would be a great help.

John

Glen
08-04-2010, 05:41 PM
seems to be the paper John..try seeting a few sheets between something heavy and leave for a while as the truepix needs to be really straight..we had a box that was damaged in transit and it was a nightmare trying to get the edges straight..