PDA

View Full Version : Printing on High Viz vests

AJLA
29-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Does anyone do this? We are often asked and I have seen them printed, I was wondering about the reflective areas, I thought you couldnt iron that area so it would be difficult to keep away from the heat under a press.

smitch6
29-06-2012, 01:09 PM
i have subbed them before but i always use greaseproof on top and never had a problem.
they sub really well :)

AJLA
29-06-2012, 01:37 PM
The reflective area went under the press too? Under the greaseproof of course.

What temp did you sub it with I may do that actually instead, probably better than vinyl.

smitch6
29-06-2012, 04:16 PM
tbh i can't remember lol
it was ages ago i did some, i did a load for my work when i was on the boat.
they cost pennies so prob worth getting a couple extra and have a test with one.

sorry :)

letsgo
29-06-2012, 07:19 PM
I just done a dozen today,used 200 degrees for 50 seconds.
They came out awesome customer was that happy with result hs ordered another 20,they used to get them with flex print but have now request sub means easy work for us and same profit .
Gary

Jason
30-06-2012, 02:36 AM
I've found they sublimate very well but because you or going onto a green/yellow or orange vest the colours don't come out as expected these days I only sublimate black designs any colours I use flex. The reflective areas are fine under the press providing you use a teflon sheet or as us cheapskates prefer greaseproof paper, this is essential as the dye does come out the vest under the press.

AJLA
30-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks folks for the tips!

logobear
30-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I HAVE USED LASER TRANSFERE, sub, AND VINYL, ALL FINE, YOU CAN PRESS RIGHT OVER THE REFLECTIVE MATERIAL.
You can also cut & press reflective.
No issues on them.

AJLA
30-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks Phil.

ptholt
06-10-2012, 03:35 PM
As the nights are drawing in and the clocks about to go back am looking at this, but i am surprised that sublimating would be cheaper than vinyl?
Are we sure about that? The cost of sub paper, ink, print costs compared to purchasing vinyl and cutting it...

I would have thought more expensive to sub surely?

Second thought was having only ever subbed white items, so you need special vests for sub or because they are poly it works ok?

WorthDoingRight
06-10-2012, 05:37 PM
I would have thought more expensive to sub surely?
Second thought was having only ever subbed white items, so you need special vests for sub or because they are poly it works ok?

Sublimation is only suitable for high polyester content materials and maybe surprisingly is quite a cheap method of printing as it requires no weeding unlike flex. On coloured items however you can only as said before use darker colours otherwise you get odd colour combos created by the backing material.

carter2
27-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Yes i have done it..I ordered them from www.hivis.net. They offer superior quality high visibility vests in both printed and unprinted formats from as little as 89p...There stock has a wide range of high visibility vests.

mrs maggot
28-11-2012, 09:06 AM
carter, they ship them out to the USA - and they still work out cheaper im impressed (or was that a lucky find on google)