PDA

View Full Version : What should I get first.

Dave271069
30-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Been enjoying my mug making a lot recently, was thinking of treating myself to a small heat press, maybe the one from coral graph 23x30 swing.
Im not looking for no big thing just something to do A4 etc.
is this ok to play about with? What sublimation products do you suggest I start off with? What will my customers demand? (friends family colleagues ).

Will I need anything else to use the press with and do coral graph give members discount?
dave

Justin
30-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Hi Dave, Coralgraph may give you 5% discount if you email them before ordering but this isn't member discount, they stopped giving members discount a while back.

Swing press is great but bear in mind they take a much larger area to swing wide open than a clam shell.

Paul
30-06-2012, 10:55 PM
i have A4 press from coralgraph and i realy like it. if you want to create some cheap gifts for familyy and mates than mouse mats are the great idea and perfect for this little press. on A4 press you can do most of the stuff... I do slates, frames, plaques, key rings, coasters etc ;)

SciArtImages
30-06-2012, 11:49 PM
I have that exact press and have been very happy with it. It seems very sturdy - I tend to use the brute force approach to pressure and do most (hard) things at 'can I just about close it' pressure. I did find out that mousemats and the neoprene mobile pouches tend to get a little thinner that way though!
One tip, once it gets up to heat straight after turning on, I close it (empty) to heat the base up until it comes back up to temp - otherwise you have a massive heat sink under your item (especially affects metal).

Neil.

Dave271069
30-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks , just purchased it, knowing coralgraph it will be here by Tuesday or Wednesday. Now to decide on what sub printables to get first.....

Justin
01-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Did you ask them about discount?

Dave271069
01-07-2012, 12:21 AM
No Justin, I had my itchy finger on , and with payday tomorrow I ended up just getting it. I've had a few items off coralgraph and have had great service from them especially with delivery times etc. so I'm quie happy paying the asking price for now. Just need to look around and see what I can print, iPhone 4 cases seem popular .?

Paul
01-07-2012, 12:55 AM
if you ask them for discount you can get some blanks from them for whatever you saved :)