PDA

View Full Version : QR codes

bigj2552
19-07-2012, 09:26 PM
just installed QR codes on my product pages.

How many of you guys use em on your site ?...just curious :wink:

WorthDoingRight
19-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Pretty pointless on your product pages if they already looking at the product. Better off using on stationery or I suppose on labels I would have thought.

bigj2552
19-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Pretty pointless on your product pages if they already looking at the product. Better off using on stationery or I suppose on labels I would have thought.

they came free with another module i bought for opencart......

so cant complain really.
they are supposed to help with google as well...so i,m told !
and it fills a little empty space as well lol

just wondered who used em !! :wink:

Renniwano
19-07-2012, 10:53 PM
I use them.. but on my products lol

meldean
06-10-2012, 11:13 PM
the only place to use these qr codes on your website for me would be on the contact us page so that people can scan and add your contact details into there contacts on there phone.. Kind of an electronic business card. Also if you have premises then you can use them on your how to find us page where you would create a code for your location and when scanned it will show on mobile device and use google maps where they can then get directions.

As far as using them on product pages and helping on google i would say someone has been pulling your leg. Google spiders as far as i know cant read qr codes. They look at the text content of your site.

bigj2552
07-10-2012, 12:44 AM
the only place to use these qr codes on your website for me would be on the contact us page so that people can scan and add your contact details into there contacts on there phone.. Kind of an electronic business card. Also if you have premises then you can use them on your how to find us page where you would create a code for your location and when scanned it will show on mobile device and use google maps where they can then get directions.

As far as using them on product pages and helping on google i would say someone has been pulling your leg. Google spiders as far as i know cant read qr codes. They look at the text content of your site.

got the module for bugger all...so cant really complain...aint gonna do any harm :tongue: no matter where i put it

Russ
07-10-2012, 02:44 AM
I print my own business cards - I put one in the corner of the card