PDA

View Full Version : upc , bar codes product feeds aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

purpledragon
07-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Ok so i hear that google will not be listing websites where the products do not acrry one or more codes for example bar codes upi codes ean codes etc im trying to get my head round this and from what i can see so far is its a great way for bar code suppliers to earn even more of our fast dwindleing profit margins. Im totally lost with all of iot does anyone know anything about these can anyone shed any light on this subject all input gratefully assimilated
Brett

WorthDoingRight
07-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Well I cannot see how this would work. I definately could not afford to barcode even a small sample of my range myself. Will this end up with us all using the suppliers product code for a blank mug etc for all the mugs etc we sell?

purpledragon
07-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Well I cannot see how this would work. I definately could not afford to barcode even a small sample of my range myself. Will this end up with us all using the suppliers product code for a blank mug etc for all the mugs etc we sell?
not sure that would be allowed as the item changes once you print it .....or thats what im guessing

Jersue
07-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Here is a link to a free barcode generator program, free with no catches as far as I can see http://www.nchsoftware.com/barcode/index.html#101

Jersue
07-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Use the generator possibly using suppliers codes or set up your own system, or they could be left as useless for website use and use normal order codes, just because google wants them does not mean they have to work?

Fidget242
20-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Or you could just apply for an exemption :cool:
We did this a few months ago and all of our sites were approved within about 3 days. As long as Google can identify your items as hand made, custom or made-to-order gifts then you'll be fine.

http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/request.py?contact_type=unique_id_exemption