PDA

View Full Version : Rhinestone pressing

AJLA
12-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Does anyone use these, I have been asked by a local business to produce a one off for an exhibition. As i've no experience I don't quite know where to start. I have seen them available on the Transfer press site. Are they fiddly, do they fall off?

dougdesigns
12-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi there,

I have looked into this once, but never done it. I see that xpres do starter kit.

http://www.xpres.co.uk/shoppingcart/aca ... tones.html (http://www.xpres.co.uk/shoppingcart/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_Rhinestones.html)

I would say if you are only ever going to do one maybe get some to do it for you.

accdave
12-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Does anyone use these, I have been asked by a local business to produce a one off for an exhibition. As i've no experience I don't quite know where to start. I have seen them available on the Transfer press site. Are they fiddly, do they fall off?

I use some of the ones from TP. Generally speaking it's just like applying vinyl, just have to be a bit more careful peeling off so any odd stone doesn't come off.

TP also make bespoke stuff for you as well at a reasonable price.

AJLA
12-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Yes I did think that, thanks.

Justin
12-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Packtex in Leicester offer a great service, I used to send over a drawing and they turned it into a rhine design and made up 20 at a time for a very reasonable price :D

draig
13-03-2010, 06:51 PM
I gave a macro for CorelX4 that does a fantastic job of rhinestone templates. Just need to find a base material to put through my PC60 (only max of 200g down force) or buy an additional plotter :P

Sharon

Karen.
14-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks for that Justin, I may give them a cal. Our newest designer has some designs that would look great in rhinestone, so it may be worth enquiring with them for it. I have never bothered making up m own, as it is far too fiddly by hand.

Justin
14-03-2010, 04:34 PM
They can make them up from very rough sketches and you can choose the type/colour of stone etc. It was a very easy service to work with and you can make great profits without having to invest in new equipment or start having to making your own transfers :D

AJLA
15-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Not heard of Packtex before so I will look into them, I don't think they will be able to help for a one off though it would be far too expensive.

Shame really as it's for another local business, unfortunately she wants only the one t with her business name on it for a wedding fayre, looks like i'll have to send this one into the big city. I dont think it's worth me getting in all the little stones for the one job and I dont like the sound of the fiddly bit either!

Justin
15-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Could be one of those jobs that's better to pass on. I never like turning anything away but you find you can get bogged down with something like that, end up out of pocket and left with products you'll never use!

Anyone on here making their own with the Xpres system that could help?

AJLA
15-03-2010, 02:16 PM
[quote="Justin"]Could be one of those jobs that's better to pass on. I never like turning anything away but you find you can get bogged down with something like that, end up out of pocket and left with products you'll never use!

Fancy it Justin ;) :D

Justin
15-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Don't make them myselfm I'm afraid and I havn't had any made in a while :( Give Packtex a try, may be worth a go.

AJLA
15-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks Justin, I have registered withem and now waiting a reply.

Stitch Up
16-03-2010, 12:00 PM
We do Rhinestones using the Xpres system.

You do need a good cutter - the Craft Robo doesn't have sufficient down-force.

John

Jessic
09-10-2014, 10:41 AM
maybe you should do follow you heart