PDA

View Full Version : new wraps

chongsta
12-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi all,

I have a Novachrome MugPro press. After some guidance from Andrew here (due to me getting some unwanted results at the top and bottom of mugs) i just wanted to know if the replacement heater wraps are all the same? (for the particular size of press you have?).

By "the same" i mean do they all fit the same way? it seems that theres a connection cable and 3 or 4 screw holes to attach to your press, so do all presses use the same wrap system with the element and the silicon? or are they model-matched only?

Can you buy bad (cheap) and good ones? is it you pay for what you get?

cheers
Dave.

bms
13-03-2010, 08:56 AM
I would suggest you buy the replacement blankets from the same supplier as where you got the press. The manufacturers of mug presses are often infamous for wiring things differently in different machines so there is no guarantee that the 4 holes you have on your connector of your blanket are wired the same as another blanket - the result could be success or no heat or a blown new blanket at worst.

Inside most blankets are 4 wires - 2 to carry power and 2 to measure the temperature so if your electically minded you could buy a different blanket and test the wiring.

I think there probably are variations in design and build quality of blankets.

Andrew
13-03-2010, 10:44 AM
The older NC presses were wired in direct and the later models had a plug connection. Take a look which you have and they should be able to tell you what is needed. They often try and tell you to send it back and they will repair in house.

What's wrong with the elemnet? My NC elements last a long time usually......... unlike the 5 head press I have.

draig
13-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Talking to Ian from NC last year he implied that the heat blankets for the older mug press was not now available, but he could sell you a more modern mug press :| . Cynical me nah :lol:

Sharon