PDA

View Full Version : New UK cutter on the market, any one else tried them ?

Images Studio
19-08-2012, 01:53 AM
I was looking about for a new 28" cutter as my old one had seen better days, and was on its way out (sold now for parts) and i wanted a new one with a good warranty ect.
After searching the net and looking at cutters ranging from £240 - £400 from Chinese ones ect i then came across a company called Ramtin.
I have never heard of them but thought i would give them a go as the cutter was a registered UK cutter on the market, and i like to buy from UK and their offer seemed a good one.
The cutter was sent via recorded courier with in 2 days, and only cost £15 postage.
I have to say the cutter is real good quality and fast and even the optical eye, which some call laser pointer works great, and you also get the artcut software.
The cutter is compatible with all windows xp vista and win 7, 32 or 64 bit usb/serial .
It is also compatible with all mac computers as long as you use signcut software.
You get the following with the cutter -
1 x 24 inches cutter plotter with optical and serial usb
1 x all cables rs232/ftdi usb/power lead
1 x blade holder
3 x blades
1 x plotter pen
1 x driver
1 x free rhinestone software + artcut 05 english
1 x free ware inkscape software English french spanish italian....
3 years return to base warranty on part
All in all a really good quality cutter, and the roll holder on the back of the stand is realy good and the stand is not flimsy its quite sturdy, so to sum up, a real good cutter with great small cutting and service from a registered uk seller and brand.
Not sure if it is ok to post their Ebay link so if any one wants to check them out as they sell lots of stuff just type in RAMTIN in Ebay search bar and they will come up.
Hope the above info help any one looking at buying one and want a good quality cutter.
:smile:

crystaluk
19-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I have been debating for a while now to buy the eu mh 721 now this one. As its just a short drive from where I live so if there's any problems.... Just so hard to decide being on a budget then you dont want something so cheap you can't make your money back hmmmm....

Images Studio
19-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I`m in Liverpool and so they are not that far from me, I can now honestly say now that i have tried and tested it i`m happy i made the choice.
How i try to work such dilemmas as you have is 1= How much will you use it ? 2= what profit will it make you a month ? 3= from your profits how long will the cutter take to pay for its self ?
When i work these out i can honestly say with in 2 months the cutter will of payed for it self along with profit, or if i get one good job then it can pay for it self in one go.
Recently i have been getting a lot of jobs involving lettering for signs ect that needed to be 24" in size for each letter and as my old cutter would stop through jobs and i would loss lots of vinyl so i had no choice and had to replace it.
I have a spare A3 back up which i normally use for T-shirts ect but now i can sell this and just have the one cutter do all the jobs for me not to mention it saves me space.

crystaluk
20-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks for that! Great advice to work through

Justin
20-08-2012, 07:03 PM
I had a (very) bad experience with this eBay seller but on balance I know at least one other member who dealt with them and they were fine.

I doubt the optical eye will be anything more than a red led as is on my Chinese cutter, or was until it stopped working on day 2.

arko
20-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I was also looking at the Ramtin. The cheapest they do is for £180 inc. postage. It doesnt come with software (their other packages do...add around 20-55 quid) but when you already have some, I think its a bargain.

crystaluk
21-08-2012, 01:01 AM
That's the whole debate pay cheaper not sure of support pay a third more to get the support which is invaluable. The 721 cutter I did mega research on so felt I would be ok even if they didn't help. But nothing better than picking up the phone and being sorted asap!! Then again if you are confident you will get enough jobs the cutter can easily pay for itself. Also I think Justin is right as the optical eye only works with a certain software and it's alot hit and miss and wasted transfer paper from what I e read.

Images Studio
21-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Hi Justin, sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the seller, i can only go by what i have had in regards to the seller, and like you say it could work out different with other buyers.
In regards to the optical eye, i never used it on my last cutter and even on my craft-mate A3 cutter i have, i have ever used it but did notice today that it was on the new cutter.

@ arko
I was just about to pay the £180 and noticed at 11am there was a auction one from the seller about to finish and so bid on it at the last minute like most people do now a day lol and i won it for £117 +15 postage, so rather than pay the £180 i got the cutter for £132 so was real happy lol.
The cutter was advertised with having ARTCUT software, but today i noticed a DVD in a box and when i opened it & to my surprise there was more software and programmes that made it even more worth every penny.
I`ll just say that there was a few programmes on the DVD and one was the FULL FlexiSign Pro 10 new version and it works great, so you can Imagen the size of my smile :)

@ saiqa
I understand what you mean when you say cheaper is not always better, which i also believe in and say myself, but some times you just got to bite the bullet, and take a chance, and the seller did offer a full refund if not happy, so that helped me make my mind up not to mention they are only a half hour drive away.
The seller also offers phone support and i rang him today and he was real helpful regarding a issue i had on a old pc, and even offered to ring me back.
Now to me that is support and i have to say i would buy from him again.

Worked out before what i got on the DVD is worth the money i payed (wink wink) so am very very happy, done 5 sign boards today and it flew through them with out a issue and so only 2 more jobs and its payed for it self.

arko
21-08-2012, 09:01 AM
@ arko
`ll just say that there was a few programmes on the DVD and one was the FULL FlexiSign Pro 10 new version and it works great, so you can Imagen the size of my smile :)

I bet you were like a Cheshire Cat! Well done! I also tried bidding but the price got pushed to near £165.... so I backed out. I will have to look out for the auctions with software in future! ;)

smo
21-08-2012, 01:13 PM
The cutter was advertised with having ARTCUT software, but today i noticed a DVD in a box and when i opened it & to my surprise there was more software and programmes that made it even more worth every penny.
I`ll just say that there was a few programmes on the DVD and one was the FULL FlexiSign Pro 10 new version and it works great, so you can Imagen the size of my smile :)

The way you worded that makes it sound like there was a DVD of bent, ripped off software in the box....can you clairfy that it was all legit with proper licence codes and not a cracked dodgy copy?

WorthDoingRight
21-08-2012, 02:21 PM
I am having no issues with my Liyu TC631E cutter, infact now that I have worked out how to move the origin to where I want it to be before each cut it works like a dream. Have yet to try contour cutting with it but for the odd piece of flex or vinyl or rhinestone template it is great.

I still need to source the ideal software package for it, I do like the idea of Flexisign having seen it working. The cutter came with Signcut but I dont fancy the renewal cost in 12 months. WinPCsign 2012 or 2010 may be ideal as it includes rhinestone software also.

Decisions, Decisions - why is life full of them?

crystaluk
21-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Decisions, Decisions - why is life full of them?[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it.....!

Images Studio
21-08-2012, 02:54 PM
@smo
Oh no not the type you are thinking of, even i`m a strong believer in buying original software and such, but also at the same point if you use such software for educational testing then i don't see a issue but that's a totally different subject and post issue.

@ WorthDoingRight
I was in the same dilemma with all the different types of software and some of the prices were more than some of the machines i was using.
I have always liked WinPCsign and have used it for years from when i first got my cutter CUTOK DC330 and it also came with Cutok Master 2, and is easy to use.
Now i have tried Flexisign 10, well i`m real happy i got it.
As for Signcut i have played a little with it but cant stop going back to flexi and trying things lol.
It would be real easy if there was just one simple software for all cutters, at least then issues would be posted all over the net.

leeoensuk
01-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Well i have just bought one of these just now ill reply and give you an update to see what it is like.....

Just hope it is as good as it sound lol :) maybe who knows

Limara
03-09-2012, 08:35 PM
These look really good I need a cutter does any one know what replacement blades are like to get hold of, would have expected to have seen some for sale by the seller on Ebay

Images Studio
04-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Hi Limara, the blades are the same as the PCUT plotter cutter blades and are the 45 degree ones, so plenty on offer on ebay, the cutter does come with extra blades.

(http://cgi5.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SellLikeItem&_trksid=p2047675.l2567&rt=nc&item=200790341545)

Limara
05-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Hi Limara, the blades are the same as the PCUT plotter cutter blades and are the 45 degree ones, so plenty on offer on ebay, the cutter does come with extra blades.

(http://cgi5.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SellLikeItem&_trksid=p2047675.l2567&rt=nc&item=200790341545)

Thanks for the reply I think that cutter looks very interesting, I did expect to see the seller have spare blades, good to know they are available, just waiting on further info about a s/h cutter for sale if that one dont turn up I may go for one of these.

WorthDoingRight
05-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Also recently noticed the SAGA brand of cutters appearing for sale.

Charlie_
05-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Bloody hell there old them PMSL

Also recently noticed the SAGA brand of cutters appearing for sale.

WorthDoingRight
05-09-2012, 12:17 PM
@Charlie_ Against popular belief SAGA does not stand for Send All Grannies Away lol It stands for Strategic Advisory Group on Ageing! However I do not think these cutters are the same people lol

Charlie_
05-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Chuckles well who'd have known that lol. I know they are cheap for motor insurence lol.....

@Charlie_ Against popular belief SAGA does not stand for Send All Grannies Away lol It stands for Strategic Advisory Group on Ageing! However I do not think these cutters are the same people lol

WorthDoingRight
05-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Chuckles well who'd have known that lol. I know they are cheap for motor insurence lol.....

Charlie, If you keep this up we will have to put you in a home :wink: Not cheap for me as I am still the right side of 50 :rolleyes:

Charlie_
05-09-2012, 05:01 PM
.....Ah a mere baby then Richard .......................

Charlie, If you keep this up we will have to put you in a home :wink: Not cheap for me as I am still the right side of 50 :rolleyes:

Images Studio
10-09-2012, 12:16 PM
:wink: Not cheap for me as I am still the right side of 50 :rolleyes:
Just at the same side myself (just), but some days feel i`m well gone past it, heard all the talk when i was young that life begins at 40 and then 50..... would love to meet the person who said that ? they forgot to mention it`s like starting all over again as you keep forgetting things......

Charlie_
10-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Well wait till youve gone past the 3 score years lol......................

Just at the same side myself (just), but some days feel i`m well gone past it, heard all the talk when i was young that life begins at 40 and then 50..... would love to meet the person who said that ? they forgot to mention it`s like starting all over again as you keep forgetting things......

ASLCreative
03-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Looking to get a new plotter/cutter.

Was wondering how this plotter is working out for those people who said they have purchased one.

arko
03-12-2012, 05:33 PM
I got mine now Ramtin uk720 (the one from the original post!)... had it about a month and a bit. So far so good. No instructions whatsoever came with it apart from some worthless set-up videos. (Home-made). Not that hard to set-up and also the driver on win7 downloaded and installed itself as soon as I had connected the USB/Paralell cable!! That was a bonus.... the CD that contained all the drivers etc was a mess... I wouldnt have known where to begin! But all in all, after a few meddles here and there, I would say it was a good deal (for a starter) and I have produced some really good fine detailed cuts. Impressed so far. :)

ASLCreative
04-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback - good to read genuine feedback on a product.

What kind of vinyl are you cutting?

Did you get any software with it?

arko
04-12-2012, 01:39 PM
I recieved a cd full of software, SignGo Pro, ArtCut, Corel4 and a few others... but I only recieved the Dongle to activate SignGo. It seems the seller mass produces these CD's and just sends the relevant Dongle/Activation method for the software. I also got a CD with around 8000 logos on it. That was also a bonus. I have only cut some cheapo tee shirt flex and some flock but so far so good. The blades that came with the cutter are standard blades. Will be ordering some quality ones as I doubt these will last long.

Images Studio
19-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Like you arko the cd was a right mess but also something a little extra which wasn't expected for the price. as for the blades mine only lasted a while and i got better quality ones and the cuts are far better.
I`ve cut flock, and banner vinyl ect and the cutter still works great. it does have a optical eye but i`ve never had the chance to see if it is just a light or works.
It will do fine cuts and once you are familiar with the cutter depth settings then its a doddle to use. as mentioned if you are after a entry level cutter its a good one to go for.

ASLCreative
19-12-2012, 12:47 PM
In the end I didn't buy from that ebay seller. I rang the number that seller provided, no answer, left a message asking them to ring me back, but never replied. Went with Signzworld in the end. Great pre and post communication along with a decent product.

logodigitizing
03-01-2013, 11:07 PM
the only thing putting me off the seller is the terrible english! although I could always pop up there I suppose. Do they have a retail unit to visit then?

Justin
03-01-2013, 11:09 PM
If it is the same seller I used (and I think it is) he was impossible to deal with on the phone as well. My cutter is still going strong apart form the led though :-)

logodigitizing
03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
this one :: rising_computer

the product looks good tho which is whats tempting me..have you tried it with CorelDraw?

Justin
03-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Yes, same same seller :-( I know others have used them and not had same problems but I had big issues with them personally. I did have a CorelDraw plug in which worked a treat, not sure where it went though! I use the software provided with it and it's fine that way.

lexo
19-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I want to start doing wall decals , and am currently in the process of selecting vinyl cutter. Is there anyone from the forum who has used Ramtin UK720 vinyl cutter to make wall decals? Also currently doing research on what are the best vinyls and masking tape for wall decals. I see that a lot of people here buy supplies from MDP, and i'm thinking about the Aslan Removable Monomeric Matt Vinyl for walls. I would love to see your recommendations and opinions on the Ramtin cutter and the supplies.

Thank you!