PDA

View Full Version : wilcom software

jennywren
13-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Has anyone used the wilcom Digilizing Sofeware, how do you rate it, where is the cheapest place to buy it from. How much should I expect to pay for for the software.

draig
13-03-2010, 06:46 PM
I have DecoStudio 1.5 (haven't used it much - silly me :roll: ), Embird Studio 2010, and Sierra Era Software. Embird is a lot more powerful than the big companies would like you to believe, easy to use, can do auto digitizing if you have the plug in Font Engine (if I don't like the results, I manually punch). Also you don't need to be sitting down with double brandy in hand to be told the price. Take a look at the software for 30 days, then if you like it go to http://www.secretsof.com for the cheapest price. Not affiliated with any of the above.

I believe (not actually looked) that you could be looking at Porsche prices (i.e. add a 0 to end of the prices :shock: )

Sharon

jennywren
13-03-2010, 09:58 PM
is there any reason that you do not use DecoStudio as much as you should do :?: what do you normally use for the best result

draig
14-03-2010, 08:03 PM
is there any reason that you do not use DecoStudio as much as you should do :?: what do you normally use for the best result

Force of habit hitting the Embird Icon :D . I should practice on Deco more as it wasn't cheap, one thing it does no well is lettering though.

Sharon

Stitch Up
16-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Blimey Sharon, you bought DecoStudio and don't use it???? I'd love it.

How much did you pay for it?

draig
16-03-2010, 01:39 PM
I got it when it was first released at the P&P, was able to get the promotion price as I had Corel Drawings (which I was never really happy with, hence taking the opportunity to go with DecoStudio). Received the free upgrade to 1.5, but have just been to busy to dedicate the time to it, it was just easier like I said to click the Embird logo and work from there.

A couple of weeks ago received an email for the download link to Sierra Era software (all above board and official), another to add to the learning list :shock: :?

Sharon

suppose I could use the time to learn it instead of posting here :lol: :lol:

Stitch Up
16-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Learning curve - tell me about it!!! Never seems to stop does it?