PDA

View Full Version : Transfer advice etc

Dave271069
27-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Hi, going to try and print a transfer onto some clothing tonight, haven't really done many before. What I'm not sure is my sister has a pink cotton hoodie, shall I use light paper or dark transfer paper.? All she wants is some text on the back , one day I will use vinyl but until then all I have is transfer paper, I have yolo,s sample pack and also I had some sheets of light and dark eBay transfer paper

Cheers
dave

Paul
27-08-2012, 08:22 PM
I would not use transfer paper to create wording. I dont think it will last long and look so good.

crystaluk
28-08-2012, 02:07 AM
For a trial run its good just to get used to. I would recommend dark paper unless it's a really pale pink. Also with the transfer paper you probably already know but the parts that are not printing show as white so trim them or use a coloured circle/square border around the text so it's easier to trim. But for proper customer orders for just text as Paul says vinyl is king and will last much longer so happier customer!

logobear
28-08-2012, 09:16 AM
I would not do a trial on a proper garment! - you might really upset your sister and owe her a new pink hoody!
samples are given to play and make mistakes with, you have much to learn!

Dave271069
28-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Used the sample yolo transfer , it has come out just fine, like I said it was just for my sister on a cheap hoody, she was very happy with it , but yes a vinyl cutter will be my next treat, maybe Xmas .