PDA

View Full Version : Silicone pads

AJLA
15-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure if i've dreamt this one or not :oops:
Ok, now here goes I have a Jarin mug press, unlike the Nova Chrome one I saw at the Focus exhibition which has a sort of foam inside (as my heat press does and the clamps that go into the mug oven) mine is just a thin peice of rubber (I think).
I have recently replaced this rubber bit as I could never get a decent wrap and had to constantly keep moving the mug around during it's cooking time to ensure all of it was cooked.
When I removed the old rubber bit it was obvious that there was deterioration there but to be honest after replacing it there's not a huge difference.
I'm now wondering if there is such a thing as a pad I can put in it.

I'm sure a press with foam in it would work more efficiently, especially if there are any mugs that are slightly tapered at top and bottom (not that mine are of course because they come from Martin :D )
Any thoughts or is there a pad?

bms
15-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Jarin did once (and possibly still do) make a thicker foam style pad for exactly this reason. Have you contacted Jarin directly?

AJLA
17-03-2010, 05:24 PM
I'll give them a ring Martin, hopefully they will this time return my call. Some months ago I left messages and emails with a querey and they never got back to me.

bms
17-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Try them after 11am. Kevin is the person you need to speak to. We no longer deal with them after a little argument over a return of one of their mug presses!